Help me find these old games...

For everything... general (no kidding).

Moderator: Atari Frog

rpc9943

Help me find these old games...

Post by rpc9943 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:28 pm

Heres a few games I want to find so badly, dont remember the names of them (i mean roms not actual disks/carts):

1. A platformer game that uses the same graphics mode as "Drol", a lot of intricate graphics going on... you're this alien creature that walks around many different levels, its HUGE, i can recall... theres electricity shooting out of balls and things. You can fall onto these teleporters, there's also a way to get some floating device. I remember also there being codes to input, and i think there was an inventory system as well.

2. A game I think in basic under compute or antic magazines where youre this blob and you bounce around and have to "collect" all the white blobs. i loved this game.

3. a game where eyeballs flew around (or you were an eyeball?) and you have to push these rotating lines into boxes. weird game, weird name, but i loved it too!

4. a top down racing game where you drive around and aliens are taking over the town or something, it looked like the amoeba in boulder dash. there were backyards to houses and pools you could crash into.

RoNC
Atari Frog

Post by Atari Frog » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:37 pm

Welcome,

The first game should be Starquake and the third one sounds like Drelbs... No idea about the second one unfortunately :(

Edit... The fourth one is probably Speedway Blast :wink:

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com
rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:02 pm

by god, you're right on all accounts!!!!

I can't believe i can play starquake again!

(i was born in 1980 so these games are a staple in my life)

oh a few other requests!

1. an old tape christmas game, where you had to blow out all the candles on the tree

2. a disk i think sold at radioshack that had a xmas demo of a cat sleeping and snow blowing outside

3. storybook disks like one with a giant, i think it spoke during it, unsure.

4. a basic game where you virtually hacked into the government computer

5. a demo where it showed psychedelic shapes like snowflakes, and some 60's songs maybe the beatles i have no idea... and it had a band called "the frogs" i think some animated band. i loved that demo.

theres more im sure sorry to bug you guys but this is amazing!

RonC
Atari Frog

Post by Atari Frog » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:36 pm

rpc9943 wrote:1. an old tape christmas game, where you had to blow out all the candles on the tree
Special Delivery had a Christmas theme but I don't think that's the one you're referring to...
2. a disk i think sold at radioshack that had a xmas demo of a cat sleeping and snow blowing outside
No idea :(
3. storybook disks like one with a giant, i think it spoke during it, unsure.
The Noisy Giant?
4. a basic game where you virtually hacked into the government computer
Could be NORAD, Hack It! or something like that...
5. a demo where it showed psychedelic shapes like snowflakes, and some 60's songs maybe the beatles i have no idea... and it had a band called "the frogs" i think some animated band. i loved that demo.
Really don't know either... Was it in BASIC?
theres more im sure sorry to bug you guys but this is amazing!
You're not bugging us at all :)

--
Atari Frog
Andre

Post by Andre » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:53 pm

rpc9943 wrote: 5. a demo where it showed psychedelic shapes like snowflakes, and some 60's songs maybe the beatles i have no idea... and it had a band called "the frogs" i think some animated band. i loved that demo.
Sounds like this is a part of one of the Compy Shop demos disks from Germany.
André
avram

Post by avram » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:35 pm

Maybe the government hacking game is Hacker?
rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:52 pm

nope i think it was NORAD.

what about the one where you press a button and it makes it look like the computer's memory is melting or something, and then you get a virtual static screen even after you press reset... haha i loved that one, what was it called

btw are there any irc chatrooms with a8 users/emu people?

its so strange to go back and see things you saw as 8 yrs old... saturdays wasted playing captain beeble, caverns of khafkha

man! i love it!

more questions:

some games arent loading, despite my efforts to change hardware roms etc... such as the speedway game, alley cat... how do i load them? also how do i load basic roms? i dont rememebr how to do it :)

i cant find norad on atarimania, where would i find it? does anyone have huge .rars of holmes cds to send me? ;)

RoNC
Atari Frog

Post by Atari Frog » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:15 pm

rpc9943 wrote:what about the one where you press a button and it makes it look like the computer's memory is melting or something, and then you get a virtual static screen even after you press reset... haha i loved that one, what was it called
Paperweight?
some games arent loading, despite my efforts to change hardware roms etc... such as the speedway game, alley cat... how do i load them?

If you are using Atari800Win PLus, make sure BASIC is switched off as the games you mentioned are in machine language. Some require an OS change (check the "comments" box). Games with a .rom extender are cartridges, those ending with .com need to be "dragged and dropped" or loaded using the ALT+X command.
also how do i load basic roms? i dont rememebr how to do it :)
If they are in ATR format, just switch off BASIC and they will autorun. BASIC files ending with .bas won't load automatically as the emulator doesn't recognize that type of image yet. Here's a very handy trick though: use ALT+T, pick your file (the computer will only display .cas stuff but you can actually choose any image you want in "all files"), force the access (ignore the message stating you have a non-tape image), type CLOAD and, finally, RUN.
i cant find norad on atarimania, where would i find it?
We'll try to upload it soon :)

--
Atari Frog
rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:19 pm

what do you mean "switch off basic"? (im using atari800winplus)

also,

hey what about that santa claus bbs? i remember that from childhood

no response on the .rar dl of everything? maybe you could aim filesend me the entire collection? are you aware of the holmes discs?

where could i find all those old magazine disks? such as analog, compute, etc?

RonC