WANTED to BUY or TRADE FOR: Alley Cat, Gumball

A8 only please.

Moderator: Atari Frog

FastRobPlus

WANTED to BUY or TRADE FOR: Alley Cat, Gumball

Post by FastRobPlus » Tue May 30, 2006 9:46 pm

I have various CIB games ranging from a rarity of about 5 through a rarity of 8 or 9 (according to this site) that I can put up for trade (SSI games, Escape from Vulcan's Isle, Dunzhin, etc) and some common but desirable games (Worms?, Archon, Temple of Apshai, 7 Cities of Gold, etc). Condition is not critical, as long as its complete and fair.

My ebay ID is also FastRobPlus, so you can check out my feedback.

Thanks!
Last edited by FastRobPlus on Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
deathtrappomegranate

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Tue May 30, 2006 10:23 pm

Hi, great to see you here!

There are different versions of those games - maybe you can say which versions you'd be interested in? I'm guessing that you're looking for disks rather than cassettes...
FastRobPlus

Post by FastRobPlus » Tue May 30, 2006 10:43 pm

Oh good call!

Alley Cat = US Synapse boxed silver stripe version (Cass or Disk)
Gumball = US Boroderbund creme/brown box (cass or disk)

I'd like to avoid getting the UK or compliation versions of these games. In fact, I have the UK synsoft Alley Cat and a UK version of Ghost Chaser already (US Gold I think?) so getting the UK versions really does not help.

Pretty much any game I would have for trade would be the US version, and mostly disks. The condition of my stuff varies but I can provide high-res photos.
Last edited by FastRobPlus on Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
FastRobPlus

Post by FastRobPlus » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:53 am

Oh yeah, also looking for:
Omnitrend's Universe
Access Software's Scrolls of Abadon (should have grabbed this when I worked for 'em.)

I just looked at my collection again. I have many sim/wargames (mostly SSI) I did not catalog previously. I would trade any of these for any of the above titles too.
Examples: Computer Ambush, Broadsides, Computer Baseball, War in Russia, etc.
jerrykurtz

Post by jerrykurtz » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:54 am

I have Ghost Chasers and Scrolls of Abadon for the Commodore -- is that close enough?
FastRobPlus

Post by FastRobPlus » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:05 am

I would not mind getting them for the C64 either if they are the US versions. Are you interested in C64 games in trade or Atari? My C64, Amiga, and ST collections are pretty limited. (Though I do have some rare Amiga)

On the subject of C64, I would like to get US boxed versions of Impossible Mission (not rare, but gets bid up pretty high on eBay) and Fairlight. Also boxed disk versions of Gates of Dawn by Mastertronic (from any region) and Tetris by Mirrorsoft (never released in the US.)
jerrykurtz

Post by jerrykurtz » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:58 pm

Using some goofy percentages, 99.99% of my stuff is NTSC. 99.98% is US. I make the small distinction because some of the stuff I have came from Canada.

I'm pretty much just a Commodore collector, although I've been toying with some other systems via emulators just to check them out.

I do have Impossible Mission, and am pretty sure I have Fairlight. Not too sure about Gates of Dawn -- would have to look on that one. The only Tetris I have is the US release by Spectrum-Holobyte.

I'll get you some pictures...
jerrykurtz

Post by jerrykurtz » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:42 pm

Here are some pictures...

jerrykurtz

Post by jerrykurtz » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:45 pm

Oh yea -- forgot to state that both of those have the Atari and C64 versions in the same box.
FastRobPlus

Post by FastRobPlus » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:12 pm

Thanks for those pics! I could offer you money for those two titles... but I'm betting you are more interested in trades :)

I need to catalog the Amiga and C64 titles I've got. I will try and do this over the long weekend.

Rob
FastRobPlus

Post by FastRobPlus » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:42 pm

Finally scanned in some of my games.
Link: http://classicgames.talkspot.com/aspx/t ... px?msgid=0
Atari Frog

Post by Atari Frog » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:01 pm

That's a wonderful collection!

What's the game with the ugly red cover? Reads something like Libyans in Space :lol:

Is there any way you could copy / dump Salmon Run and Magneto for us?

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com
deathtrappomegranate

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:15 pm

Yes, very impressive tradelist, Rob!

I gave away my only copy of Salmon Run before I joined the Atarimania team, so it would be great to get it dumped.
FastRobPlus

Post by FastRobPlus » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:28 pm

I'm pretty sure I have two copies of Salmon Run. Bill Williams is my favorite author and I go out of my way to obtain those.

I don't think I hve the equipemnt to dump tapes or disks. Is there a guide to doing this here? For Magneto or Salmon Run, I would be willing to pay the mail to loan it to one of the Admins for dumping, if they are in the US.

I can also take better photos of packaging if that would be useful. I just looked and I don't see a photo at all for Magneto. I notice that Beneath the Pyramids also looks very different from the copy I have.
FastRobPlus

Post by FastRobPlus » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:32 pm

Libyans in Space is a really-rare Amiga game. Here's the listing at Hall of Light (Amiga version of Atarimania :) )
Link: http://hol.abime.net/5195