Original or fakes?

A8 only please.

Moderator: Atari Frog

ijor

Original or fakes?

Post by ijor » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:10 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/Exodus-Ultima-III-3 ... dZViewItem

Somebody believes the “tale story” this seller is claiming? I don’t :)

Same story on all his other lots, at least the Atari ones.
Andre

Post by Andre » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:33 pm

The Bruce Lee disk the seller is offering also, definitively has a faked label.
André
ijor

Post by ijor » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:05 pm

All the labels are fake. Read carefully the full description.

The seller admits the labels (but not the disks) are reproductions. He claims that they were all stored in bad condition and then all labels felt and discoloured.

There is an additional issue that the disk on Exodus has notches for both sides, while the original has not. So he claims that there are two versions, one where the original disk is notched only in the front, and other on both sides.

Obviously, the whole story is not true, and he is making/selling copies. Note that in all his actions he notes that the disk is copy protected and then it cannot be copied. Again, a silly attempt to make you believe the disk is original (because according to him it couldn't be copied). We know, of course, that the Happy (or Archiver, or others) can copy all those disks.
FastRobPlus

Post by FastRobPlus » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:03 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/Exodus-Ultima-III-3 ... dZViewItem

After watching a seemingly endless supply of these original rarities pop up on eBay from this seller, I could not take it any more... I just had to email the seller the following question:

You appear to have a whole crate of Ultima 3 disks where the original labels would no longer adhere to the disks. I'm curious - did the original magnetic data bits still adhere to the disks or did you have to put new ones of those on the disks too?

I got a reply back, but... he sounded angry !
Andre

Post by Andre » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:37 am

:twisted:
André
deathtrappomegranate

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:16 pm

There was a discussion about this seller on AtariAge a while back, in the course of which it was pointed out that he was buying up 5.25" floppies on ebay. He promised, at that time, to mark all of his fake labels as reproductions, but he hasn't done so. Unfortunately, those threads were deleted.

He sells a variety of games, often saying, in the item description, how difficult they are to copy - despite his claims that he has boxes full of originals.

He also gets angry very easily...

:wink: