Wanted: $500 paid for Queen of Hearts / Rapidfire

A8 only please.

Moderator: Atari Frog

osgorth

Wanted: $500 paid for Queen of Hearts / Rapidfire

Post by osgorth » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:20 pm

..complete in box!

I am also willing to pay good money for an empty box, or box + manual.. I have the game disk + a command reference card, unsure if there is a separate manual (I think not, but would gladly be proven wrong).
osgorth

Post by osgorth » Fri May 12, 2006 9:24 pm

Nobody wants to be rich? ;)

I know it's hard to find, believe me, I've tried for many years...

Would be nice to know if anybody knows at least somebody who OWNS one, I've never seen a boxed copy in my life.
JamesTheOrangeCat

Post by JamesTheOrangeCat » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:36 pm

The download section here at Atarimania says "Missing original disk image!" for Queen of Hearts, and yet it offers a download dump. What does it mean that you offer a download dump but don't have the original disk image? Sorry if I am asking something obvious (I am just a cat, after all, albeit an orange one!). :D
Atari Frog

Post by Atari Frog » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:14 pm

Hi,

It means the game available for download is a cracked copy. We're after an original disk so the title can be properly archived.

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com
osgorth

Post by osgorth » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:42 pm

Find me a box and I'll lend you the disk. ;)
atarimania
Site Admin

Post by atarimania » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:24 pm

osgorth wrote:Find me a box and I'll lend you the disk. ;)
:mr.green: :mr.green:
JamesTheOrangeCat

Post by JamesTheOrangeCat » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:07 pm

How is a a "cracked" copy different than a copy of the original disk? Is it more of a philosophical issue (e.g., that you want to copy directly from an original disk instead of copying from a copy), or would the functionality be changed as a result of the "cracking" process?
deathtrappomegranate

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:58 pm

JamesTheOrangeCat wrote:How is a a "cracked" copy different than a copy of the original disk? Is it more of a philosophical issue (e.g., that you want to copy directly from an original disk instead of copying from a copy), or would the functionality be changed as a result of the "cracking" process?
We want to preserve the software in its original state. That means no alterations to the code. Any crack must involve a contamination of the original, so we make a distinction between "original" dumps and cracked images. Ijor's VAPI tool will make a huge difference, because it allows the possibility of bit-exact images of protected disks, something that has never previously been possible.

However, the database is very much a work-in-progress. We want to have original dumps of *everything* - but that is a difficult proposition. Nonotheless, that is our goal, and we are progressing in the right direction.