Joystick donation??

A8 only please.

Moderator: Atari Frog

Shadeaux

Joystick donation??

Post by Shadeaux » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:35 pm

I just got my A8 a couple days ago, and I dont have any Joysticks/paddles yet. I really dont have anything to trade yet, but if someone has a couplke of joysticks that they want to give away or sell i suppose (cheap.. via PayPal) I would be interested
oesii

Post by oesii » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:37 am

If you let people know where you are located you might get a better response. A few classic joysticks work with the Atari computers if you have a Sega Master System or a Genesis pad it should work fine with the 8bits.
Shadeaux

Post by Shadeaux » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:50 am

Thanks for the tip.. =]

Im in Southern Louisiana.

Also, I just aquired a Commodor 64 w/Disk Drive in Awsome condition.. still has recipt in the box, original plastic wrapers, twist ties, etc... I've never used a Commodor, and would be willing to use this as Trade for Atari stuff.

I've just gotten into Atai again since the early 80's and am excited to get my collection kicked off.

This website has been a really great resource for me and I thank all of you who post here for the tips and info. :P
oesii

Post by oesii » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:33 pm

You should hold on to the C64 stuff, the games are just as good as the Atari 8bits and are easy to get ahold of. They also have cables like the sio2pc that let you connect the c64 to your computer to play all the games you want.

You probably already know but the Atari computers use the same joysticks as the C64, 2600, and 7800. So you didn't get any joysticks with your Commie lot either?

I have lots of extra joysticks unfortunately I probably won't be able to get them out of storage anytime soon. Baby and work keeping me busy. If I had to get some sticks and paddles I would go with this good online store in the US, you can pick them up for about $5 each:

http://www.vintagefunworld.com/items.asp?ID=31

http://www.vintagefunworld.com/
Shadeaux

Post by Shadeaux » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:38 pm

Thanks for the link.. I may just go ahead and purchuse one.. a co-worker says he thinks he may still have some from his kids old 2600 setup Image

Yeah, the commie come with the computer and a Disk Drive. cables, etc.. and 2 disk for word processing only.

oesii

Post by oesii » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:03 am

Cool, I've ordered a bunch of times from Chris at VintageFunWorld, good outfit.

Sorry, I don't have any extra joysticks handy, they are buried in my garage in a rubbermaid container under some serious boxes and junk :(
oesii

Post by oesii » Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:50 am

Actually, if you still need a joystick, I found a Proline joystick I could sell for shipping costs. It's can be used on the 8bits, 2600, or 7800. Not the best joystick Atari made but it works.