Romox titles

On the subject of A8 prototypes, betas, unreleased games and general insider info.

Moderator: Atari Frog

deathtrappomegranate

Romox titles

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:17 pm

There is some evidence that the games Flapper and Jabberwock might have been released commercially by Romox, although they are currently regarded as vaporware.

Has anyone seen either?

I don't mean as an ECPC cart - I'm thinking of a commercially released title.

Any info would be great!
Atari Frog

Post by Atari Frog » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:25 am

I'm almost sure Flapper exists as a normal cartridge... There are a handful of Romox games that were probably finished but never marketed. Do you have some leads?

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com
deathtrappomegranate

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:30 am

Atari Frog wrote:There are a handful of Romox games that were probably finished but never marketed.
Exactly. These are the two that I think are most likely to be in circulation.

Anyone?
Callipygous

Post by Callipygous » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:26 pm

Finally removed Flapper from my main list to ECPC only. Twenty years is long enough wait and none has shown up. No box I could understand but surely a loose cart would have surfaced by now. Agree that they probably had all the art work ready to go on some of these. Maybe a few prototype boxes and carts were made.
Atari Frog

Post by Atari Frog » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:11 pm

I really thought Flapper existed as a classic release but you're probably right...

What about the lost 20th Century Fox games? We know Porky's and M*A*S*H surfaced but where are Crash Dive, Ripper and Revenge of the Beefsteak Tomatoes?

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com
Callipygous

Post by Callipygous » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:57 pm

Actually, I have a dealer price list for Romox. Flapper is not on the list which is probably the real reason why I removed it.

I don't suppose anyone here would be interested in the scan of the list. :mr.green:
deathtrappomegranate

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:48 pm

Callipygous wrote:I don't suppose anyone here would be interested in the scan of the list. :mr.green:
Image Image Image

I think that some people here might be very interested.

Actually, the reason that I mentioned Jabberwock is that it does appear on a price list, as being ready to ship.

However, it's certainly a long shot, hoping to find previously undiscovered Romox games. But we want to catalog as near as possible to everything, so "long shots 'R' us".
Callipygous

Post by Callipygous » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:00 pm

Re-reading my post, I didn't mean to imply that I have the original doc, only a scan which is a little fuzzy, but readable. Sent scan to Deathtrap.

Jabberwocky is indeed listed as "in-stock". Flapper is not mentioned at all.
deathtrappomegranate

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:09 am

Thanks for the scan!

It looks very much like the one I remember seeing. Should have it posted this weekend, although there's a lot going on right now.