Espial

On the subject of A8 prototypes, betas, unreleased games and general insider info.

Moderator: Atari Frog

deathtrappomegranate

Espial

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:46 pm

A while back, someone posted a pic of this Tigervision game cart, apparently in a sealed retail pack, over at Atariage.

Does anyone own this game on cartridge, or have information about it?

Since it now looks likely that Matterhorn was released in Germany, perhaps Espial was in a similar situation?
Andre

Post by Andre » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:30 pm

Hi,
deathtrappomegranate wrote:A while back, someone posted a pic of this Tigervision game cart, apparently in a sealed retail pack, over at Atariage.
yes, I remember to have seen that picture too. The box on that pic looked quite authentic.
Does anyone own this game on cartridge, or have information about it?
I bought such an (loose) cart some time ago. Andrew Krieg claims to own a boxed Espial also (besides the guy who posted the pic at Atariage).
Since it now looks likely that Matterhorn was released in Germany,
...with "Teldec"-label on backside. Callipygous also has the "Teldec"-version of Matterhorn.
perhaps Espial was in a similar situation?
The one I bought came from the US. But I got a Springer (along with my Matterhorn) which shows a "Teldec"-sticker on the backside as well, so it seems likely Espial was released under Teldec-label too.

André
deathtrappomegranate

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:40 pm

So, André, Andrew Krieg and "that guy who posted the pic".

Anyone else?
Atari Frog

Post by Atari Frog » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:50 pm

I can confirm Espial was officially released, I knew a dealer in the US who had it for sale. I can only kick myself for not buying it several years ago :cry:

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com