looking for a game

Moderators: Atari Frog, Stefan_L, Champions_2002, advfan, marakatti

Protectress

looking for a game

Post by Protectress » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:21 pm

Hi guys, nice forum here!

Im looking for a game that I played when I was really young on my atari ST 1040. I cant remember its name and cant find it!
it was a game where you had a certain amount of time at the beginning of each level to set up these little sticks that you placed diagonally in such a way that when the time was up and the ball was released it would bounce perfectly off the sticks you placed and make its way around the level to the hole.

does anyone know what its called? I cant find it and its driving me nuts.

thanks in advance,

Protectress
SeriousSoftware

Re: looking for a game

Post by SeriousSoftware » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:17 pm

That's a tricky one as there were quite a few similar games.

Lazer, by Martin Bent, was exactly what you describe, except it was a laser beam rather than a ball.

Balls by Simon Carter was a similar game, but the ball was already moving at the start of the level, and you had to flip the existing deflectors rather than place new ones (edit: or it might have been in addition to placing new ones). The one thing I remember about this one was a very orange colour scheme, if that rings any bells.

ANOTHER EDIT: I've just looked at the screenshots for Balls in the database here, and this is almost certainly the one. No download available, though.

Ross McNaughton
Serious Software
Protectress

Re: looking for a game

Post by Protectress » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:51 am

ahh yes it is balls! i remember the very orange colour scheme for sure! that title screen as well!

cheers mate!