Help! V Obscure Game Description

Moderators: Atari Frog, Stefan_L, Champions_2002, advfan, marakatti

Kaiser Wyvern

Help! V Obscure Game Description

Post by Kaiser Wyvern » Mon May 14, 2012 11:54 pm

First of all Hi everyone first time posting!

Second of all I am so very stuck trying to find one game from my past and one from a friends. Unfortunately all I have to work from is a vague description and a very vague description!

Starting with myself because im that self absorbed:

You have a cartoon guy in boxer shorts full body view lying in a hospital bed as time goes on various body parts become infected and its up to you to try and treat them, this can be done with drugs in a quarsie shoot um up strategy. You can also do things like raising the bodies temperature but that costs energy and also has a negative effect on the chap. If you start to lose then the body part in question starts to go icky ending up as just bone, to much of this and the guy dies, you can replace lost parts with robotic replacements but this costs vast amounts of cash you need for the drugs, you also have to feed and water the needy git. Does anyone have any idea what this game is called as I cannot for the life of me remember and im afraid that 8 year old me only ever watched someone play it (too complex for you maybe when you’re older)

Now my friends is even more scary:
Turn based game a lot like chess where the pieces represent characters from mythology, the game is supposedly gods getting together to have a match up and naturally a alternate version of chess is the way to do this, the board is (he thinks) is a large x with grid spaces and some of the pieces have a Norse theme to them.
And that’s it... He said it was awesome but a little un intuitive as we all know chess but this one has its on rules...

Thanks in advance for any help you can give, as im new here I apologise if this should go elsewhere but I guessed as these were Atari ST games im not too far from the mark?
marakatti

Re: Help! V Obscure Game Description

Post by marakatti » Thu May 22, 2014 10:48 am

Sounds no familiar to me, sorry :(
---
Marko
Stefan_L

Re: Help! V Obscure Game Description

Post by Stefan_L » Sat May 24, 2014 12:09 pm

Your friends game could be "The Legend of Ragnarok" but it was not released for Atari ST AFAIK... here is a link to the Amiga version: http://hol.abime.net/1187

That game with hospital theme is possibly an Amiga game also... i do rememeber seeing that boxershort guy when reading an Amiga magazine back in the days, i don't rememeber the name though.