Trying to remember name of robot logic game

Moderators: Atari Frog, Stefan_L, Champions_2002, advfan, marakatti

atarirob

Trying to remember name of robot logic game

Post by atarirob » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:45 pm

As a kid I had an Atari 520 ST game where you were a robot on a spaceship - you had a top down view of the ship and its rooms... you went around the ship either shooting at the other robots on board or connecting with other robots to steal their bodies (your old body blew up and you took over theirs) - to do this you had to beat them at a game where you battled to keep the most number of lines/connections - they were on the left, you were on the right and there were branches which you could reinforce with energy to secure (but you had limited energy depending on the type of robot you were in) - the robot with the most lines secured at the end of the time limit survived and continued on - I've been trying for years to remember the name - does this ring a bell with anyone? (I know it's pretty vague). I've looked through the list of Atari ST games on wikipedia and none of them rang a bell and I had a look through a few hundred on this site. Any help would be appreciated in helping me revisit memory lane! Thanks!
Jake-Depression

Re: Trying to remember name of robot logic game

Post by Jake-Depression » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:03 pm

Paradroid 90 ?
atarirob

Re: Trying to remember name of robot logic game

Post by atarirob » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:13 am

Jake, you are a LEGEND!!! That's exactly it!!! Now I need to do some googling and find out how to finish the first level! As a kid I managed to destroy all the robots on the first ship but then couldn't figure out what I had to do to finish the level... I'd basically spin circles until my energy ran out and I died!! Thanks again Jake, the internet can be used for good! :-)