Post by Goldrunner » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:34 pm

Missing Bomb Jack Loading Screen as Below:
Attachments
Bomb_Jack.gif
Bomb_Jack.gif (15.01 KiB) Viewed 62996 times
Goldrunner

Re: Goldrunner - Other Stuff

Post by Goldrunner » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:19 pm

I am bit confused about a paradox game called Metropolis, there seems to be two different versions of this game with very different loading/title screen. The one on the left also plays a sample saying "Welcome to Metropolis" which is not in the other version, other than that everything else is the same. Any ideas about the these two, was one once PD before before becoming commericial like a couple of other Paradox games? Also, I noticed you called your Metropolis AD 2000, where did you get this name?
Attachments
Metropolis.png
Metropolis.png (28.49 KiB) Viewed 62994 times
Stefan_L

Post by Stefan_L » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:22 am

AFAIK so is the rule here at AM that the game entry should be named on depending on what it is called on the gamebox.. and in this case it should be only "Metropolis" so i have changed that, thanks for pointing it out :)

I do also wonder where the title screen on the left comes from, all i know is that the right to the right is from the triangle box release as thats the one i have, maybe the left one is from a Prism Leisure release.

As a trivia so can i say that Metropolis and maybe most Paradox games that Janko Mrsic-Flogel was involved in is based on games he did on the Sinclair QL.. even ST Karate origins from a QL game :D Thats probably why Atari wanted him to make ST games... i mean because of his knowledge in programming 68000 games.
Stefan_L

Post by Stefan_L » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:15 pm

A little update about the name since i did not fully explain why it previously was called "AD 2000"... it was because it sad that on the disk and manual and was probably named by someone never seen the box earlier and then the name stuck even if box scans was added :)

Also i searched some cracks to see if any used the title screen seen on the left but still no breakthru, there seems to be 2 pics on the disk if you browse the files but i don't know in wich format they are in?
Goldrunner

Post by Goldrunner » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:25 am

Missing the Bad Company loading Screen shown below:
Attachments
Bad_Company.gif
Bad_Company.gif (22 KiB) Viewed 62875 times
Goldrunner

Post by Goldrunner » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:49 am

Your entry for Seven Galaxies by Powerfist uses an alternative loading/title page to one I use. Both can be used but I think the loading screen below is more striking than one you have used.
Attachments
Seven_Galaxies.gif
Seven_Galaxies.gif (15.04 KiB) Viewed 62875 times
Goldrunner

Post by Goldrunner » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:33 pm

You have listed in the database a game called Square Off by Andrew R. Oakley, which was published by ST Review since appears on its coverdisk. All the data for this game entry is correct but your screenshots come from mother game with the same name, namely Square Off by David Munsie. Easy mistake to make when your dealing with thousands of games like you are. Here are 6 screenshots in a zip file you add if you wish!
Attachments
Square_Off_(Atari_ST_Review)_1.gif
Square_Off_(Atari_ST_Review)_1.gif (1.39 KiB) Viewed 62766 times
Square_Off_(Atari_ST_Review).zip
(48.92 KiB) Downloaded 2204 times
Goldrunner

Post by Goldrunner » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:56 pm

Here are some more details for Fokker which are missing on your database:

Year: 1992
Programmer(s): Sean O'Connor / Kieran O'Connor
Graphic Artist(s): Liam O'Connor
Players: 1 v 2 simultaneous

It was created using DevPac, Neochrome, and Replay.
marakatti

Post by marakatti » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:24 pm

Many thanks :)

Most of the stuff is now fixed. Also separated The Code Monkeys (PD developer) from Code Monkeys (the more famous commercial development team).
---
Marko
Stefan_L

Post by Stefan_L » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:14 pm

I added "Leavon Archer" for graphics credits in Bad Company... this is because his initials can be seen on the title screen, he is not mentioned anywhere else in the games credits though, but he must done something for Bad Company or else his initials would not be there... it might even be so that drawing the initials is the only thing he did and even so it is enough to get credits for graphics :wink: :mr.green:

Also i fixed Yolanda credits wich had graphics credits to "Deavon Archer"? That must been wrong so i changed it to Leavon Archer :)