Goldrunner - Missing Games

Moderators: Atari Frog, Stefan_L, Champions_2002, advfan, marakatti

Goldrunner

Goldrunner - Missing Games

Post by Goldrunner » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:40 pm

Although AtariMania has got the biggest list of games I have seen on an online ST database, I'm sure there will be some games you have missed along the way since some are very obscure. Anyway, I have started the ball rolling with two games, I will add to the list if and when I find other games.

International Rugby Challenge - published by Domark in 1992
Memory Master 2 - part of the Bentley series, some databases call it 'Bentley Bear's Memory Master 2'
Strike Force Harrier - AtariMania is is missing the 1988 release, see post below for more info
Food Fight - 1987, Paradox
Celebrity Cookbook Volume 1 - 1986, Merrill Ward & Associates Inc
Bill Palmer - 1987, Arcan
Last edited by Goldrunner on Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
marakatti

Re: Goldruuner - Missing Games

Post by marakatti » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:13 pm

Hi Goldrunner and many thanks for supporting us. Nice to see you here :)
---
Marko
Goldrunner

Re: Goldrunner - Missing Games

Post by Goldrunner » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:41 pm

Strike Force Harrier has been released four times, with two of these releases under different names. The first two releases are from 1986 and are shown below in the first two colums, High Roller being the USA release and Strike Force Harrier being the European release. The last two columns contain the 1988 release with touched up graphics. The USA release is Harrier Combat Simulator while the European relase (the one missing from AtariMania) remains under the same name, Strike Force Harrier. Note you have listed the earlier releases 1987 when the should be 1986.

The two USA releases where by Mindscape while the European relases where published by Mirrosoft.
Attachments
Strike Force Harrier.jpg
Strike Force Harrier.jpg (496.92 KiB) Viewed 25992 times
Stefan_L

Re: Goldrunner - Missing Games

Post by Stefan_L » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:53 pm

I changed the year to 1986, Atarimania is not missing the 1988 version of Strike Force Harrier as there are entries for the budget releases (mirror image and edos) so in total the game was released 6 times and 4 of them are different in software (as what is known right now) :)
But yes the non-budget release of Strike force Harrier 1988 is missing it's own entry... is it certain that version really had a release in 1988? The ST Action review from 1988 show the 1986 version? Maybe it was not until the budget releases that the updated 1988 version was published... very unlikely though but just a thought :) I think checking cracked verison of the game from pirate releases would be useful in this case.

Also this made me notice that Eigen Software developed "Magic Fly" together with Zicon Graphics, it is too bad the Atarimania system only supports one developer per game :(