Bug reports area

Moderators: Atari Frog, Stefan_L, Champions_2002, advfan, marakatti

Stefan_L

Re: Bug reports area

Post by Stefan_L » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:26 pm

I was checking the Turbo Out Run entry PASTI's and it seems the game comes on 1 single sided disk and 1 doublesided disk... the third i have no idea about? The third seems to contain the same data as disk number 1.. you can even start the game with disk 3?
http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-st ... 10711.html
The Number of disks info says "3 / Single Sided" but as i said i suspect disk 2 is double sided and disk 3 is a fake :wink: Was the game really released in that way?

I do have a original copy of Sega Master Mix wich contain Turbo Out Run also and that release seems to be on 3 single sided disks as there is a lot of disk swapping while playing the game :|
http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-st ... 25349.html
Although the "number of disk" info says the disks are double sided for Sega Master Mix... wich can't be correct.

Another compilation containing Turbo Out Run is Demons and Drivers, also 3 single sided disks it seems wich would be correct.
http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-st ... 21105.html

Happy New Year :)
Jake-Depression

Post by Jake-Depression » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:35 am

Strange.
Yes. In original box is 3 disks. In disks read disk 1, disk 2 and disk 3.
I look original soon...
Stefan_L

Post by Stefan_L » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:03 pm

Shadow Warrior Pasti's dont show the intro:
http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-st ... 11195.html

But the one in Ninja Collection do show the intro:
http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-st ... 21198.html

I suspect the Pasti's for Shadow Warrios entry has been imaged as single sided disks but the game really is using double sided disks, but if you play the game with a single sided diskdrive then it skips the intro as it is on side 2... just a guess though :)

I have the same release as the box scans and disk scans shown in the Shadow Warrior entry and it plays the intro on my ST.
Jake-Depression

Post by Jake-Depression » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:58 pm

I tested my Turbo Outrun (3 disks). I can boot only in disk 1. Other two are data disks. In database is wrong disk. I can made this.

In original Shadow Warriors is intro in original. I made new Shadow warriors (2-sided) pasti too.

I send them in ftp when they are ready.

But what is this 2 disks version?
Jake-Depression

Post by Jake-Depression » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:34 pm

Turbo Out Run´s right disks are now in ftp.
2 sided Shadow Warriors disks are now in ftp too. (But this tested only that intro goming in to screen.)
Stefan_L

Post by Stefan_L » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:02 am

Jake was it you who did the first pasti's of Turbu Out Run and Shadow Wariors also? I mean those that are in the database already?

If so... is the scan of the Turbo Out Run box from the release you have? Does it mention anything about single and double sided disk drives? It seems the original release then was enhanced for double sided disk drives (disk 3 only needed if you has single sided disk drive) while in the "Sega Master Mix" so was this removed.
Jake-Depression

Post by Jake-Depression » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:02 pm

Turbo Out Run pasti in page not are made by me, discscan is.
Is it possible that i made discs scans for Shadow warriors.

I don´t remember boxs and SW dumps, i look...
Jake-Depression

Post by Jake-Depression » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:54 pm

I looked my originals.

Shadow box-scan not are made by me, but it´s same version. I have instructions and i scan them someday.

Turbo Out run box is just like mine. No more information here. There´s no instructions goming in this game originally, only poster and little U.S. Gold ads for games Dragons of flame, Pool of radiance, Hillsfar, Forgotten worlds, The battle ofbritain,Maniac mansion, Epyx action (no ST), Moonwalker, Strider, Turbo out run, Ghouls´n ghosts, Indy action game, Indy graphic adventure, Coin-op hits (no ST), Heavy metal, The games - Summer edition and Winners!. I can scan this someday too.
dlfrsilver

Post by dlfrsilver » Tue May 26, 2015 1:10 pm

@stefan : About Shadow Warriors atari st, there are 2 revisions as i explain on atari forum. The first one has no intro, while the second (from the Ninja Collection has it).

Just for information, this game just on amiga has 3 differents revisions, so it's not a surprise to see the ST version has 2 revisions :)

Shadow Warriors was coded first on atari ST. The amiga version came after, and since they put the arcade intro, they finally ported it on the atari ST version.

In the same manner, Les aventures de moktar exists in 2 revisions, one with the big white energy bar (dumped by Brume), and my own dump, which has small pink energy bar.

Note about a faulty game in STX : Ivanhoe in retail version (2 disks) is faulty, the game has been badly imaged. I used the cheat mode to pass the levels, and at a moment, the reading of the disk fails repeatedly, and it's not the copy protection......

We need another original dump....
Stefan_L

Post by Stefan_L » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:13 pm

I need to find time to really check Shadow Warrior and how it works with single versus doublesided diskdrives.

Is there another version number that can be checked other than the one seen when you pause the game?