Bug reports area

Moderators: Atari Frog, Stefan_L, Champions_2002, advfan, marakatti

marakatti

Bug reports area

Post by marakatti » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:31 pm

Have you spotted a non-working disk image? Is there some information or system specs wrong (yes we know there are as it's still incomplete database ;) If you have a little time why not leave a message here so we can correct them faster. Please specify title and what's incorrect and we fix them as fast as possible.

Please always make sure that you have a source of information available if we need to doublecheck it. Also use this only for ST-compatibles as different people take care of other Atari platforms here. Many thanks :)
---
Marko
Troy McClure

Re: Bug reports area

Post by Troy McClure » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:29 pm

High-res compatibility additions. I've tested them all under emulation, except for the two Infocom releases, they're listed elsewhere and there isn't really a good reason for me to suspect they're different than the other Infocom games.
And I only checked one version in case there were several country specific ones. ;)

Red = Fixed (edited by marakatti)
20000 Leagues under the Sea
Alpha Waves
Amazon (text only)
Astérix chez Rahazade
Blueberry
Borrowed Time
Crystals of Arborea
Curse of the Azure Bonds
Das Haus
Deathstrike
Fahrenheit 451 (text only)
Freedom
Go Player
Grey Seas Grey Skies (Medium/High, like the other SimCan titles)
Hollywood Hijinx
Indian Mission
Lancelot
Legend of Faerghail
Lucky Luke
Manoir de Mortevielle (Le)
Metal Mutant
Mewilo
Millipede
Mission
Moebius
Myth
Ooze
Perfect Match
Perry Mason (text only)
Power Struggle
Riskant
Sargon III
Scapeghost
Silent Service
Silicon Dreams
Starcross
Time & Magik
Ultima II
Ultima III
Vegas Craps
Vegas Gambler
Vermeer
Windsurf Willy
Yuppi's Revenge

Compatible, missing entries:
Drachen von Laas (Attic, 1991)
Ingrid's Back (Level 9, 1988)
Sat1 Bingo (PCSL GmbH, 1992)

Unconfirmed:
Baker Street Detective
Nam 1965-1975
Not a Penny

Those three above are supposed to run, but I couldn't get a proper display. Version/emulation/user issue? :shock:

Rings of Medusa: Starbyte's German distributor Bomico said in it's "News" advertising this is supposed to also run on monochrome monitors. All the cracks I tried don't.

Transworld: when the version from the site is booted, it says a monochrome version will be released in the short term..

Phantasie II: According to the SSI Forever page, the second Phantasie title is supposed to be compatible as well, but again, didn't find anything with support.
marakatti

Post by marakatti » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi Troy,

Huge thanks for the hard work and very detailed list and tests!!! The red ones are now fixed :)

For the other stuff we need to find some proof of existence (except the ones not yet in our database). When I have time I also take a look at the suspicious ones and see what we have in our archives about them.
Rings of Medusa: Starbyte's German distributor Bomico said in it's "News" advertising this is supposed to also run on monochrome monitors. All the cracks I tried don't.
Same here. Never seen a mono compatible version of it yet. As the developers were ex-democoders somethings says that they wanted to go full colour only. But I'm more than glad to be wrong :D
Transworld: when the version from the site is booted, it says a monochrome version will be released in the short term..
An interesting find. Maybe we find one some day. I only had one version of it (Elite) which seems to have the same message.
Phantasie II: According to the SSI Forever page, the second Phantasie title is supposed to be compatible as well, but again, didn't find anything with support.
Phantasie I version 2.0 was mono-compatible, so maybe there's somewhere a version 2.0 of Phantasie II aswell. I've seen one version that has everything in place for mono except bitmap graphics. So almost mono-compatible ;)
---
Marko
Troy McClure

Post by Troy McClure » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:20 pm

Right, I noticed that about Phantasie II as well, it looked odd.
Maybe leave a note about Transworld in the entry, as trivia/wanted?

I'm now collecting a few ads and other stuff gathered from mags. The site seems unstable and rather slow these days though, any known problem with the hosting?
marakatti

Post by marakatti » Wed May 01, 2013 4:53 pm

Hi Troy and sorry for a long silence. I haven't forgotten you, but been rather busy with other things in my life. I'm going to process your ads soon.

Haven't noticed any slowdown myself, so can't really say what the problem is :( Maybe some occasional traffic peak???
---
Marko
Troy McClure

Post by Troy McClure » Sat May 04, 2013 2:27 pm

No problem. Some of these ads are already on the site, because of the slowness, I couldn't always check. Seems the site is back to normal, haven't had any speed problems when accessing for a while, so maybe really just traffic related.
Stefan_L

Post by Stefan_L » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:47 pm

Why does the first Cisco Heat screenshot (loading screen) miss the "TM", red text and should be seen next to the title logo? Is the screenshot altered before added to Atarimania?

Atarimania (no TM):

When i play the game it look like this:
marakatti

Post by marakatti » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:40 pm

Interesting.. No, they are not altered unless our only source is versions from compact disks or other hacked disks. Menucrews and crackers in the past had a habit of altering title screens with their own messages etc. So in these cases we have cleaned their "cracked by..." labels from title screens and used the best we could. In some cases it's very hard to say if the cleaning process went ok, especially on rare titles where we have no original to check it.

In some cases title screens are bit different between releaseversions. I need to investigate this more to give you a precise answer.

Thanks for pointing this out :)
---
Marko
Stefan_L

Post by Stefan_L » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:38 pm

Since i posted that so have i discovered some other things about another ICE game (i post in Atari-Forum).... and yes it might very well be different release versions, although the STX image you have for download is not the version seen in the screenshot :)

I have also checked the PC DOS version and the screenshot that can be found at Mobygames does not have the "TM" text... actually so is the windows bigger of the building so the TM text will not even fit.

PC DOS:
marakatti

Post by marakatti » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:33 pm

Yes, screenshots were made long ago from hacked versions. We don't do new screenshots when Pasti version is found unless there is significant differences. We only have a very small team working on ST...
---
Marko
Stefan_L

Post by Stefan_L » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:52 pm

It might come from a demo of Cisco Heat if there ever was one? I doubt any cracker would remove tiny "TM" from a picture :)

Another thing about CH screenshot so does it contain more than 16 colours... i used irfanview's "Image - information" option and it says it has 52 unique colours, so something was defenitly modified in the pic, something similar is applied to "Prince of the Yolkfolk" screenshots: http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-st ... 10297.html Like the title pic has 256 colours... it can actually be seen as an vauge anti aliasing, and i have no idea why it was added?

Do you want me to help adding screenshots to AM? I can do it unless it is too difficult?

I saw some of the newest entrys and they have jpg's for screenshots... complete with compression artifacts :(
Stefan_L

Post by Stefan_L » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:52 pm

I think the PASTI for The Empire Strikes Back is bad... the loading screen looks like it having palette problem: http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-st ... 10541.html

Also i have "The Empire Strikes Back" as part of "Star Wars Trilogy" and that version has a different loading screen, too bad i cant make an PASTI of it since the disk is corrupt, all i can load is the loading screen and then it crashes :(
Stefan_L

Post by Stefan_L » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:38 pm

The Robocop 3 entry is showing the ad for Epic.
Stefan_L

Post by Stefan_L » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:02 pm

Alan Grier says in the following interview that he is the one behind the name "Freddy"... as seen credited in Turbo Outrun and other games. He also did graphics for 1943 and Road Blasters.
http://www.codetapper.com/amiga/interviews/alan-grier/

http://www.atarimania.com/list_games_at ... 1_S_G.html
marakatti

Post by marakatti » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:11 pm

Great findings again :) I'll get back to these after getting over by the New Year things...

Happy New Year :)
---
Marko