Line-Up

Help us complete the database with missing entries, dumps, ads, scans...

Moderator: Atari Frog

Bill Yesterday

Line-Up

Post by Bill Yesterday » Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:31 am

Hi,

I would like to say something about a game called Line-Up.
In my personal opinion it's by far one of the best programmed games ever made for the 8-bit. I think it's somewhat unfair that in the atarimania's game database don't appear any pictures of it!!
If you haven't played Line-Up, give it a try just to see it. See all the details it has and you'll agree with me.

Regards
Bill

P.S. If you can't take the snapshots, just let me know and I will send them to you.
Atari Frog

Post by Atari Frog » Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:08 am

Hi,

I can't believe it's not in the database yet! We're going to fix this today :oops:

IMO, this is the BEST public domain game available for the A8! I played it to DEATH when I first discovered it! Never managed to finish it but that's another story...

There are so many hidden features in the game, like the non-linear progression, the fact some users could see an extra screen :wink:

Small story: I think I was one of the first users in Europe to see this game thanks to a contact of mine who sent me many STAK magazine disks along with Line-Up!

BTW, do you use SECAM in Chile? The first time I played this game, I had a SECAM 130XE and the colors were absolutely amazing, better than on PAL or NTSC!

Bill, remember the conversation we had several months ago? Please let us know if you manage to dig up some of your old code :wink:

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com
Bill Yesterday

Post by Bill Yesterday » Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:22 pm

Hi Atari Frog,
I agree with your opinion about Line-Up, and that's the reason I don't want it to get it lost among many other games that are not so well done like this one. Along with the fact, that the programmer was a good friend of mine. Even though, I haven't seen him in years. 8)
BTW, we use the NTSC system here in Chile.
Regarding the conversation we had some time ago, I haven't found my old disks. The old code for "Roquillo" is somewhere waiting for me to finish it.
Nowadays, I've been working on disk to cartridge conversion. I've converted Drol, Phantom, Spelunker, A.E., Bandits, Jumpman, Threshold, and some others I can't remember right now. :roll:
If someone is interested in them, drop me a line or post a message in the forum.

Regards
Bill