Started dumping tapes again

Help us complete the database with missing entries, dumps, ads, scans...

Moderator: Atari Frog

spookt

Started dumping tapes again

Post by spookt » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:04 pm

Hi Folks

I've got my kit setup so I can start dumping tapes again. First up is English Software's Atari Cassette Enhancer (A.C.E.). I have a good .cas file which works (under OS B) in the emulator but I'm wondering if I'm missing some documentation. The cassette inlay explains how to load the software and in a round about way mentions the functionality available but it doesn't have any details on how to use the added commands. So far I've figured out some of it with the help of a review in an early issue of Page 6 but it seems strange that there are no usage instructions. Anyhow it'll be a day or two before I get my scanner set up and then I'll send it in.

I have a couple of very early Tynesoft releases which aren't in the database, they're educational (Maths) titles so I'll do those next. I also have a collection of an early 80's tape based Atari Magazine called "Atari Computing" which was published in the UK by Argus Press. I'm not sure if you're interested in dumps of those. They're a mix of basic games, utilities, tutorials and reviews. I'm dumping them anyway so let me know if you're interested.

Cheers
Paul
Atari Frog

Re: Started dumping tapes again

Post by Atari Frog » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:52 pm

Mathematics 'O' Level will be up this evening. Never knew this title existed! Seems to be a Calisto Software reject. Do you know whether the other programs in the series were released?

Do you happen to have the two Junior Maths cassettes by Tynesoft?

Will be cool to have the Atari Computing tapes. There are already a few games I dumped from the issues I had but anything else is welcome!

Thanks Paul!
spookt

Post by spookt » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:15 am

I have another Tynesoft maths title but I can't find it right now. I can't remember the title. I'll come across it soon enough.

I have good dumps of Atari Computing issues 1,2 and 3 as well as card scans for 2 of the issues. I have a good dump of issue 4 side 1 but side 2 is proving to be problematic and may be bad. I'll start getting them off to you.

EDIT: Did you get my A.C.E. dump too?
Atari Frog

Post by Atari Frog » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:09 pm

Great!

Yes, got ACE as well, thanks!

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com