dumps 8bit and st

Help us complete the database with missing entries, dumps, ads, scans...

Moderator: Atari Frog

Kernal

dumps 8bit and st

Post by Kernal » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:57 pm

here is the dumps of the 8bit stuff

http://rapidshare.com/files/289041433/8 ... s.rar.html
marakatti

Post by marakatti » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:39 pm

Big thanks :) Lot's of nice apps. I'll add your ST-archive to my worklist.
---
Marko
Kernal

Post by Kernal » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:11 pm

thats just the first lot
many more good things to come
Kernal

Re: dumps 8bit and st

Post by Kernal » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:46 pm

Heres another Lot

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QIPHMSF7

And heres the first lot forthose who didnt get them before.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=48N4EI5Y
marakatti

Post by marakatti » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:06 am

Excellent, big thanks again :)
---
Marko
roloway

Post by roloway » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:29 pm

Hi, I've just discovered this great site. Congrats. I have originals of Armour-Geddon, Great Courts, Manchest United, the original 2game disks which came with the Atari and an original Spirit of Adventure. Are these needed as pastis ? I dunno if there are high scores or saves on any of those disks (got them with an st e on a yardsale) would that matter? How do I copy the pasti.prg on a disk if the windows/dos disk format is not readable by the Atari (and vice versa)?
Cheers roloway
marakatti

Post by marakatti » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:58 pm

Hi roloway and welcome to the world of Atarimania :)

We are very interested to see the Spirit of Adventure, the other ones are already preserved. It would be great if you could pasti that for us. For the Spirit of Adventure, Manchester United and Great Courts, if you have a scanner it would be nice to have box and disk scans too :)

You can download tools from here -> http://pasti.fxatari.com/downloads/PastiImgKit.zip

If you format standard floppydisk on STe using the desktop, it should be readable on your PC too. If you don't have DD disks, use a sticky tape to cover the leftside hole from HD disk.

I also found this info how to make 720kb disk on WinXP:
go to START>RUN>"cmd"
and then type format A: /t:80 /n:9 /V:

/t:80 is to force it formatting with 80 tracks
/n:9 is to force it formatting 9 sectors
/v: doesnt give the "give volume name" question

From PastiImgKit.zip you can also find the PastiTools.exe for PC. With it you can make the Pasti Transferdisk which you swap couple of times between Atari and PC when programs asks for it. After that it writes a complete Pasti-image to the PC harddisk. Please remember to select the Transfer mode from ST program and always write protect your original ST disks :)

If you have any further problems or need more advice, please drop a new message and we help you through the process :)

Big thanks in advance :)
---
Marko
roloway

Post by roloway » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:37 pm

Great! Unfortunately, I only have the box and manual for Spirit of Adventure. The Boxart has a tear because of some price tag that got removed by the guy who bought it. Pastifying has to wait until my portable usb floppy drive arrives from ebay (my old one doesn't work with my new pc). I'll scan the manual first. Actually, could anyone of you maybe write some guidelines for future contributors? Or just sticky this thread and add some scanning guidlines, like resolution, format etc.. (I guess as high as possible and lossless, or 100% quality in jpg)
marakatti

Post by marakatti » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:57 pm

Believe or not but I'm actually working on it right now ;)
---
Marko
roloway

Post by roloway » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:54 pm

Ok, I scanned the box and the disks. The resolution is 600x600 in 100% jpg. Bigger was not feasible since the files got really big (even now they are). Can I upload them to your ftp (I found an ftp address here on the forum)? They only need to be cropped in photoshop. I don't own photoshop and don't have the time for that. Check them out. Maybe you could put the ftp's address in your guidelines.
marakatti

Post by marakatti » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:08 am

Excellent, big thanks!

I see you already posted them and the quality is very good. You can get a bit smaller files if you use resolution between 150 - 240dpi which is enough for us.
Don't worry about the Photoshop things, we need to process every scan anyway so no problem :)

I'll add them to my worklist.
---
Marko
roloway

Post by roloway » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:47 pm

Hi,
just using pasti for the first time... This is my first pasti image... SainT gives me weird corrupted graphics. Can anyone of you guys verify it?
http://rapidshare.com/files/339859380/M ... k.STX.html
The original disk works on my STe.

Edit: After trying it 2 times, suddenly saint loads the menu without problems... ?!? But now it crashes with the Deuteros STX image from this site...

Cheers, roloway
marakatti

Post by marakatti » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:15 pm

I'll download and check your first Pasti-creation when the Rapidshare allows me to load the file (says it's busy)

I downloaded Deuteros from our site and quickly tried it with Steem and it loads just fine (TOS 1.02UK / 1MB).
Saint is mainly written for running demos and from my own experience Steem works better with games even if it's older emulator, have you tried to run the image with Steem?

Generally there are some things to try out when emulating an ST like different TOS versions and memory configurations. Usually it's safe to go with TOS 1.02 and 1MB but some older softs need TOS 1.0 when the STe ones needs TOS 1.06 or 1.62 to work. Some titles even require a specific language version of TOS like french or german ones to run.

You can find plenty of different TOS versions from http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/canaveral/157/

--
Note to A8 moderators, maybe the later part of this thread should be moved to ST section, thanks ;)
---
Marko
roloway

Post by roloway » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:00 am

Everything's fine now. Thanks.