Reaction Timer / Morse Code / Space Docker (ASM) / Ski Run

Help us complete the database with missing entries, dumps, ads, scans...

Moderator: Atari Frog

wesmond

Reaction Timer / Morse Code / Space Docker (ASM) / Ski Run

Post by wesmond » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:38 pm

Hi all,

Here are the last missing listings from Virgin's "Games For Your Atari".

Reaction Timer, p73-74
Morse Code, p75-76
Space Docker - you have a good BAS file, but there was also some ASM code printed after the main listing, so here's a TXT file of that, which I think probably came from Atari Assembler Editor.

And finally, Ski Run, p84-89... which I have a problem with! I think I've typed it correctly, but I can't get working - in a strange way, which makes me think it is an emulator problem rather than a typo. A bit like the version of "Asteroid Storm" I said was faulty: this one wants to write explicitly into memory address 13568-14636, which on Atari800win and Altirra overwrites the program code and locks up - before it even gets anywhere near to excuting the USR. (ie, even if I've got the data wrong, it's not using it yet, so shouldn't crash at that point). SO, I'll try and check this on real hardware(unless someone can check it before me?) - I typed it in years ago on a real 800xl and I know the printed listing worked back then.

Anyway, I'll hopefully revisit this last one and verify, and in the meantime, the listing that I *think* is correct is attached.

Cheers,
W.
Attachments
last.zip
Last four missing files from "Games For Your Atari"
(3.89 KiB) Downloaded 1800 times
wesmond

Re: Reaction Timer / Morse Code / Space Docker (ASM) / Ski R

Post by wesmond » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:57 pm

To verify: the listing for Ski Run I think is correct, but it only works without a disk drive attached. Tried it in all the modes I could think of with a drive attached, but no good. If you run it on a cassette only system, it works, and here's a screenshot from Altirra running it...

W.
Attachments
Ski Run image
Ski Run image
skirun.png (60.56 KiB) Viewed 38628 times
Atari Frog

Post by Atari Frog » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:25 pm

Thanks!

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com
wesmond

Post by wesmond » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:04 pm

So guys...

It's creeping towards a year since I typed in a load of these Virgin games, and not many of them have made it into the database. I'm not hassling you, but I would like to know if there's anything I can do to make it easier for you to take what I've typed, and get it into the form you need for the database. It's a bit depressing when they just sit in the forum forever. I have more books and listings that I'll get back to in a while, but it would be encouraging to know if there's anything I can do better, before I embark on the next load!

Cheers,
Wes
Atari Frog

Post by Atari Frog » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:21 pm

Wes,

Everything you did was perfect.

We apologize for taking so long to update the site with the listings and understand your frustration. We're behind schedule on many, many things but I believe we'll be a lot more efficient in 2013.

Please bear with us, we should be able to catch up soon!

Thanks for your patience!

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com
wesmond

Post by wesmond » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:03 pm

No worries - I'll get back to typing some more listings when I get some time too!
Happy New Year!
Wes