Yacht Race discovered!

Help us complete the database with missing entries, dumps, ads, scans...

Moderator: Atari Frog

FastRobPlus

Yacht Race discovered!

Post by FastRobPlus » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:49 am

I responed to a local Atari for Sale ad in the Seattle area and was too late to get the Atari, but discovered that the seller was an Atari programmer from 1980-82. His passion is boating and to that end, he wrote the game Yacht Race. He distributed the title through Dynacomp and was paid royalties on the sale of a few copies, but Dynacomp suddenly stopped paying out royalties or even comminicating (I think they went under in '83?) , and he drifted away from Atari programming, never to return.

He gave me a copy of Yacht Race and keeps a few copies for himself. He has asked that the title not be made available (he believes thier may be some value to it still) so I have agreed to provide AM with screenshots and the general info about the game.

The better news is that he was able to loan me a huge 110 page Dynacomp ordering catalog, and we now have in all probability a complete listing of all Dynacomp entertainment and educational software for the Atari(see my other thread.)
Atari Frog

Post by Atari Frog » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:13 am

This is really great!

Three screenshots would be fantastic (title screen and two different in-game shots if possible)!

Actually, Dynacomp supported the Atari up to something like 1990. They're still around today and I even remember a massive clearance sale of old 8-bit stuff and catalogs in 1997 or so.

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com
FastRobPlus

Post by FastRobPlus » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:59 pm

Wow! They are still there at www.dynacompsoftware.com!
I wonder if Ishould tell the programmer I met so he can attempt to collect royalties? :D
Atari Frog

Post by Atari Frog » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:22 pm

FastRobPlus wrote:I wonder if I should tell the programmer I met so he can attempt to collect royalties? :D
That would be worth recording :lol:

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com