Rare English Software games...

Help us complete the database with missing entries, dumps, ads, scans...

Moderator: Atari Frog

Atari Frog

Rare English Software games...

Post by Atari Frog » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:08 pm

Hi,

Does anybody have dumps / scans forMarathon / Maths for Fun or Word Olympics in his collection?

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com
spookt

Post by spookt » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:51 am

Hi Guys

I have an original tape copy of this one. I scanned the inlay and instructions last night and started to try to get a good wav2cas dump. I'm currently on the wav2cas learning curve (managed to get a dump with one bad block!) so I'll have another play tonight.

Any tips would be gratefully received ;)

BTW - How do I get the dumps to you guys ? Email, ftp, etc ?
deathtrappomegranate

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:04 am

If you click the "Contact" button in the navigation panel on the left, you'll get email addresses to which you can send dumps, scans or information (or enormous Paypal payments :mr.green: ).

There's a thread here: http://www.atarimania.com/atarimania_bo ... .php?t=870 covering the basics of cassette dumping. If you need more assistance, you can post a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks for your efforts!
spookt

Post by spookt » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:28 am

Thanks for the info. I've had a read through that thread, I'll play some more tonight. I should have said that the tape I have is Word Olympics.
Thanks for your efforts!
No problem, thank you guys for an awesome site and all the hard work to make it possible.
deathtrappomegranate

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:36 am

Although it's not mentioned in the other thread, it's worth remembering that programs were often recorded on both sides of a cassette.

Most cassette software only uses the right stereo channel for data (and some use the left channel for audio), but there are some titles recorded on both stereo channels, so with two sides, and sometimes two channels, you may have up to four copies of the game to try.
spookt

Post by spookt » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:13 pm

You got mail :D

Finally after a *long* time playing with volume and capture levels I got a working cas file. Tested with Atari800MacX with and without SIO patch.
deathtrappomegranate

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:06 am

You, sir, are a star!

The .cas file works perfectly, and the scans look good. We'll get these uploaded very soon.

Thanks!
deathtrappomegranate

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:59 am

Added to the database!