Newbie...

For everything... general (no kidding).

Moderator: Atari Frog

jerrykurtz

Newbie...

Post by jerrykurtz » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:08 pm

Hello,

I dropped by this site off and on for quite some time now and figured its time I finally say Hi.

I'm VERY new to the Atari 8bit scene, and probably won't get too involved -- I'm more of a (somewhat afraid to say it here) Commodore 64 user.

But, since a lot of my favorite games are on this platform too, and it seems that no matter how hard I try, I always end up with some Atari software too, I figured I would take some time and check out the Atari 8Bit stuff.

Jerry Kurtz
Atari Frog

Post by Atari Frog » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:21 pm

Hi,

Nice to have you around! To be perfectly honest, I have a C64 with lots and lots of games as well :wink:

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com
deathtrappomegranate

Re: Newbie...

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:15 pm

jerrykurtz wrote:...no matter how hard I try, I always end up with some Atari software
:mr.green:

You're going to fit in very well around here, great to have you on board!
jerrykurtz

Post by jerrykurtz » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:55 am

Atari Frog wrote:Hi,

Nice to have you around! To be perfectly honest, I have a C64 with lots and lots of games as well :wink:

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com
Not trying to brag, but I have about 2500 or so boxed originals for the C64... I just need to get off my ass and get them organized and make a list.
Omegamatrix

Post by Omegamatrix » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:56 pm

Hey Jerry, welcome over here! I can't believe you have such a great collection of C64. I only knew you as a serious 2600 collector off of Atariage. :mr.green:

Growing up my friend had a C64 and I only had a VIC 20. I was so jealous. I saved up all my money and almost had enough when he said I should just buy C128 instead as it was a lot better. In the end I bought nothing. A while later I picked up a NES. I still have great memories of playing on his C64 though.
jerrykurtz

Post by jerrykurtz » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:16 pm

My first gaming experience was on the 2600 - like just about everyone else. I then moved on to computers -- I was intrigued by being able to program them.

I do have a decent 2600 collection, but I'm not as die hard as some of those guys you see on AtariAge. In fact, I really only want to get boxed games of stuff I remember having -- no need to track down those R10's.

Speaking of rare -- my mom was really into sending in rebates and I remember getting Tooth Protectors that way. Sure wish I held on to that one.

Yea, my C= collection is way too large -- in fact, I've been toying around with the idea of selling off a lot of it and only keeping the stuff that really means a lot to me, or are pretty rare. If I do that, I'll sell of my dupes first, and then move on to the filler.