Temple of Apshai Trilogy

For everything... general (no kidding).

Moderator: Atari Frog

crow

Temple of Apshai Trilogy

Post by crow » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:32 am

I've been playing the Temple of Apshai Trilogy. I still have my original copy of Temple of Apshai, and the Trilogy release fixes one of my biggest complaints--you had to add up the value of your treasure by hand when leaving the dunjon.

It still doesn't include the room or treasure descriptions, which is rather lame, but I suppose there were memory constraints. (The original BASIC version used all sorts of hacks to keep it under 32K.)

I found a html version of the full manual of the original Temple (Wikipedia links to it), but there's no hint of the manuals for the other two parts. Considering the need for the room and treasure descriptions, it would be really nice if someone could scan them.

Anyway, my real reason for posting is that I've completed all four levels of each part, but I can't find rooms 36 or 37 in level four of the Curse of Ra (which seems to be where treasure 10 is located). I don't suppose anyone else has found them?

Post by 1536 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:53 pm

i'd be interested also. i am using cracked versions though. maybe something wasn't removed?

i'll take a look. :o
crow

Post by crow » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:44 pm

I found an online manual.

http://project64.c64.org/games/m-z/Temp ... rilogy.txt

The room descriptions skip 36 and 37 for level 4 of the Curse of Ra, but there is a treasure 10 that I still haven't found.

In my various seraching around, it seems that the Amiga version had the room descriptions included with the game, not just in the manual.
Andre

Post by Andre » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:41 am

crow wrote: In my various seraching around, it seems that the Amiga version had the room descriptions included with the game, not just in the manual.
:shock: Wow! I didn't know there is an Amiga version out.
André