New Atari Site Opening

For everything... general (no kidding).

Moderator: Atari Frog

Guitarman

New Atari Site Opening

Post by Guitarman » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:58 pm

Since I frequent the 8bit forum the most, I will post this here and hope that word of mouth will spread it to the other forum areas.

I am starting a new Atari themed website called AtariPort.com. It will have 2 functions. Its primary function will be to provide a single place to find the best Atari sites on the net. I have found that most Atari sites that provide links to others are severely outdated and many are broken. The link lists will be categorized and regularly checked for validity. There is a lot of Atari information out there that, most times, is hard to find because it is buried in some obscure link list. I will also have a “Site of the Week” that will feature a site in the list. Anyone who has an existing Atari related site and would like to be listed, e-mail the link information to requests@atariport.com.
Include the site name, a short description of the contents and the URL. The site is open to anything Atari. Once the site is live, there will be a form to do this.

The second function of the site will be to sub-host Atari related sites. There are some sites out there that are hosted on free and limited access servers. After a certain quota has been reached, the site will no longer allow anyone to browse until an amount of time has passed. For a one-time charge of $15.00, I will set up a sub domain on AtariPort that you can host your site on without the limitations of the free hosting sites. The hosting of the site will be provided free. That’s my donation to keeping the Atari community alive and active, something we all benefit from. If you would like your site maintained and updated for you, I would be willing to do it for a small fee.

I would welcome any and all suggestions to making the site the goto site for finding any and all things Atari. I will be taking the site live in 1-2 weeks. In the mean time, I will be searching compiling a good starting list of sites to link. Make sure your site is one of them.

Let me know your thought.
Guitarman
Atari 400 48k, 800 48k, 2-1200XL 256k w/XL OS, 1-1200XL 256K w/32in1 OS-MyIDE-SIO2PC, 3-600XL 64k, 3-800XL 256k, 65XE, 130XE, 3-XEGS, 520ST w/1meg & dual video ports, 520STfm, 1040STf, 2-MegaST2, MegaFile30