X-Former 2000
No votes
Other
14%

Total votes: 7
CO9207

Basic Atari 800 Win Plus Problem

Post by CO9207 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:51 am

How do I get rid of this warning: "A ROM load error prevented Atari800WinPlus from booting. You should check the rom settings under Atari/ROM Images menu"

Also, how do I run games and apps on this emulator? Sorry to ask, but I am a total newb to 8-bit Atari Emulators.

Thank you.

One thing I would like to add: It says at the bottom of the screen when I load a game it says "Initialization Error". Can anyone help me to solve this predicament?

Thanks again.
phsstpok

Re: Basic Atari 800 Win Plus Problem

Post by phsstpok » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:07 pm

CO9207 wrote:How do I get rid of this warning: "A ROM load error prevented Atari800WinPlus from booting. You should check the rom settings under Atari/ROM Images menu"

Also, how do I run games and apps on this emulator? Sorry to ask, but I am a total newb to 8-bit Atari Emulators.

Thank you.

One thing I would like to add: It says at the bottom of the screen when I load a game it says "Initialization Error". Can anyone help me to solve this predicament?

Thanks again.
Sounds like a corrupted installation or missing System ROMS.

- If you don't have the system roms get them. VJetnam's website is the only place that comes to mind, offhand.

- To fix a corruption go to Options, Misc, then restore system settings.

Also make sure you are loading games the correct way.

- ATRs, DCMs, etc are disk images. Load them with ALT + D hotkey.
- XEX are binary files as are Atari .COM files. Atari .BIN files are usually binary files but sometimes they are ROM imagess. You can drag them into Atari800Win Plus, use the File->Load Executable (ALT + X), or put them in the directory which you have established as one of four possible Virtual Hard Disk (ALT + H)

- ROM dumps are usually labeled .ROM (sometimes .BIN or .CAR). If they aren't system or internal BASIC ROMS then load with ALT + C.

Hope this is enough to get you going.

Regards,

Phsstpok
Life is a bowl of cherries but what does that mean?