So what's going on ?

For everything... general (no kidding).

Moderator: Atari Frog

jetset

So what's going on ?

Post by jetset » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:01 am

Not much posting lately...What's everybody playing ?

I've found new love for Gorf lately. It was (is) unplayable on the 5200 thanks to the controllers, but on the 800 with Atari sticks its a great port of the arcade game. I found Galactic Chase to be a pretty good clone of Galaxian...better than the Atari port imo. I like pretty much any game where you get to hang out at the bottom of the screen and blast anything that dares try and land on MY planet. :twisted:
deathtrappomegranate

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:47 am

I'm still playing Wavy Navy.
Elesias

Post by Elesias » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:26 pm

Galaxian, Q*Bert, River Raid :wink:
deathtrappomegranate

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:07 pm

I've been trying to archive some cassette games for the database recently.

It is a time-consuming task, and time is in short supply right now. However, It's pretty cool to discover some of the old cassette-only stuff.

We need to convert more of these titles for use on emulators so that everyone can try them. The cassette software library is huge!
oesii

Post by oesii » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:08 am

deathtrappomegranate wrote:I've been trying to archive some cassette games for the database recently.

It is a time-consuming task, and time is in short supply right now. However, It's pretty cool to discover some of the old cassette-only stuff.

We need to convert more of these titles for use on emulators so that everyone can try them. The cassette software library is huge!

Yeah, and I need a tutorial on getting cas2sio or APE working with cassette images, I can only get a few to load. Maybe they have to be properly converted?

I think we here in the states were a little spoiled, I remember getting an 800 with a 410 recorder but it was my main storage for less than a month, didn't buy any commercial programs before I switched to a disk drive. Now I didn't buy too many commercial programs after that but I had tons of games and apps :oops:

And I've been playing obscure sports games that I've dug up here at AM. One that probably needed it an extra week or two of development but which is still fun is Showdown Hockey!:

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.p ... ON_ID=4654

Is there any game like this one for football? Maybe one where all you do is kick penalties?