atari 8-bit to PC and visa versa

For everything... general (no kidding).

Moderator: Atari Frog

jwkinkead

atari 8-bit to PC and visa versa

Post by jwkinkead » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:55 pm

I recently pulled out my Atari 800 and I'm starting to go through my disks and catalog my games. I've already noticed several that are not in the Atarimania database.

I'm wondering how I can get my files from my 5.25 floppies to PC and visa-versa. I noticed many of the downloads from Atarimania are .ATR files. I don't know if these can be written to an Atari readable floppy, or only run through emulators.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
John
jetset

Post by jetset » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:10 pm

If you have an sio2pc hookup and the APE software (both can be found here...http://www.atarimax.com/)
You can use the software to write those floppy files to .atr format onto your PC.
deathtrappomegranate

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:40 pm

Jetset's right. Of course there's other free software to allow you to make .atr files from your disks, as long as you have the SIO2PC hardware.

Out of interest, what do you have that's not in the database?
jwkinkead

Post by jwkinkead » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:19 pm

i wasn't keeping real good notes to this point, but some that i can remember are:

atlantis (screenshot didn't match anything in the db)
brickworks
brigade (possibly beach brigade?)
labyrinths of kamerra
lazertraz
rip off!

some look like analog or antic titles, others look a little more professional. i'll make notes as i continue and then go back over the disks i've already been through.
Atari Frog

Post by Atari Frog » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:48 pm

Let's see...

> atlantis (screenshot didn't match anything in the db)

Is this an adventure written in BASIC by SoftSide? Maybe we need this one, need to check...

> brickworks

Not needed if it's Bricklayer's Nightmare...

> brigade (possibly beach brigade?)

Mech Brigade maybe? This one we have.

> lazertraz

Not in the database yet but not needed.

> labyrinths of kamerra

Not needed, it's just a sub-part of The Quest of the Space Beagle...

> rip off!

Not needed, coming up soon on the site (it's a hack and we'll probably include this category after all).
some look like analog or antic titles, others look a little more professional. i'll make notes as i continue and then go back over the disks i've already been through.
Thanks! Please keep us updated :)

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com
jwkinkead

Post by jwkinkead » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:34 pm

The game I know as Brigade didn't match Mech Brigade and my copy had no title/company/copyright screen, obviously. However, I'll describe it and maybe you can recognize it as some other game without brigade in the title.

You operate a white space shuttle looking craft starting out from a cliff by a beach. You attempt to catch falling parachuters while shooting enemy ships. Joystick operated. The primary colors are brown, blue and white. I only loaded it up to see if it was a good file, but I believe it scrolls to the right, although I didn't try.

The game I know as Brickworks has two rows of styles of bricks at the bottom that you can select with a joystick and basically paint on the screen. You can change the styles available by pressing option, I believe. It didn't seem to be much more to it than that, but again, I didn't spend much time on it. It has a black background. I'm not sure if that is the same as Bricklayer's Nightmare or not. It does have that ANALOG feel to it.
Atari Frog

Post by Atari Frog » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:46 pm

OK, it's Rosen's Brigade then. We only need it if it's the Datasoft version and not the Gentry Software re-release.

The second one is not needed, that sounds like Bricklayer's Nightmare to me.

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com