Rescue Mission Phase 2

For everything... general (no kidding).

Moderator: Atari Frog

jetset

Rescue Mission Phase 2

Post by jetset » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:21 pm

Has anyone played this game ? I cant figure out what to do!
It seems like a fun game (I'm into space games...GEEK ALERT!)
You're supposed to land on a series of platforms in a certain order to unlock the secret enterance to the underground base...but hell if I can figure it out!

The game is in the database but no instructions. :(
oesii

Post by oesii » Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:50 pm

Can't help you, I tried it out and can't really make heads or tails of it either. I landed once after pressing the fire button to extend some legs/landing gear but I can't do it consistently :)

I'll give it another look when I can get over to my sio2pc setup :P
jetset

Post by jetset » Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:01 pm

oesii wrote:Can't help you, I tried it out and can't really make heads or tails of it either. I landed once after pressing the fire button to extend some legs/landing gear but I can't do it consistently :)

I'll give it another look when I can get over to my sio2pc setup :P
Cool. No rush, I've been trying to catalog all 6,000 (or so) game files so I can wait. :shock: :wink: :lol:
In three weeks I've gotten through about 200 of them, so I'm on track to have them done by my retirement.
Hey, btw oesii, where in Florida are ya from ?
oesii

Post by oesii » Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:27 pm

I'm from all over Florida, I went to high school in Hollywood (South Broward HS), lived in Miami, went to school at FSU, and now I've been living in Tampa and St. Pete for 13 years. St. Pete is probably my favorite part of the state but I had some fun times growing up in Hollywood.
oesii

Post by oesii » Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:32 pm

Thanks to your post, I've been trying out a few games this morning.

Bandits is a great one I never noticed till today:

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.p ... ION_ID=492

In fact most of the software by Sirius is worth a look, I played a bunch of these as a kid like Fast Eddie and Squish 'Em but I missed lots of others:

http://www.atarimania.com/lst_soft-MENU ... -1418.html
jetset

Post by jetset » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:11 pm

oesii wrote:I'm from all over Florida, I went to high school in Hollywood (South Broward HS), lived in Miami, went to school at FSU, and now I've been living in Tampa and St. Pete for 13 years. St. Pete is probably my favorite part of the state but I had some fun times growing up in Hollywood.
OMG! You were a mortal enemy of mine then! (Depending on your HS years...I went to MIRAMAR from 82-6!)
MEH! Getting way off topic here! :wink:
oesii wrote:Thanks to your post, I've been trying out a few games this morning.

Bandits is a great one I never noticed till today:

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.p ... ION_ID=492

In fact most of the software by Sirius is worth a look, I played a bunch of these as a kid like Fast Eddie and Squish 'Em but I missed lots of others:

http://www.atarimania.com/lst_soft-MENU ... -1418.html
I dont know when I had as much fun as I've had the last few weeks...Its like having an unlimited amount of 5200 cartridges sitting in front of you. Some work, some dont...some suck, some are totally awesome!
My 6 year old and I have had a BLAST playing snowball fight! You need 2 people though, but a lot of fun if you do!!!
oesii

Post by oesii » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:13 pm

jetset wrote:
oesii wrote:I'm from all over Florida, I went to high school in Hollywood (South Broward HS), lived in Miami, went to school at FSU, and now I've been living in Tampa and St. Pete for 13 years. St. Pete is probably my favorite part of the state but I had some fun times growing up in Hollywood.
OMG! You were a mortal enemy of mine then! (Depending on your HS years...I went to MIRAMAR from 82-6!)

Off topic is often the best topic. I graduated in '88 so we were close. The main thing I remember about Miramar is that's where Johnny Depp was from, did he go to your school? He was big in the late 80's with the 21 JumpStreet and all :wink:

My parents still live in Margate/Ft. Lauderdale so I'll let you know when I'm next in the area and maybe we can swap some Atari stuff.

And great story about gaming with your kid. My son is only 11 months old right now but i can't wait to try out some of the Atari games that I grew up with, with him. Of course I was thinking of some educational games at first but I see you're a hardcore gamer and you've already moved on to the action games :lol:
oesii

Post by oesii » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:16 pm

And back on-topic, I tried Rescue Mission on my Atari and still couldn't get anything to happen on purpose. Weird game. Where's Deathtrap today? He usually has all the right answers :)
deathtrappomegranate

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:10 pm

oesii wrote:And back on-topic, I tried Rescue Mission on my Atari and still couldn't get anything to happen on purpose. Weird game. Where's Deathtrap today? He usually has all the right answers :)
:mr.green:

Well, I think that this was a type-in from Page 6 magazine. The original Rescue Mission was in issue #12, but I don't know which edition featured "Phase 2". Actually, Atari Frog usually knows about these things, and I'm sure that he's read most issues of that mag.

I'll look into it, but it might be a case of buying up issues that aren't already in the archive (I posted a link to that in jetset's other thread).

I suppose I could try playing the thing, though...
jetset

Post by jetset » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:35 am

oesii wrote:
jetset wrote:
oesii wrote:Off topic is often the best topic. I graduated in '88 so we were close. The main thing I remember about Miramar is that's where Johnny Depp was from, did he go to your school? He was big in the late 80's with the 21 JumpStreet and all :wink:
Yeah he graduated in '81 and I started in '82. Dean Biasucci of NFL "fame" (he was a kicker for Indy for years) also went to Miramar.
oesii wrote:My parents still live in Margate/Ft. Lauderdale so I'll let you know when I'm next in the area and maybe we can swap some Atari stuff.
THAT would be cool. I hoked up with an AA member a few weeks ago, we met at his hangout (Don Carters in Tamarac) and downed a few pitchers of beer and talked Atari.
oesii wrote:And great story about gaming with your kid. My son is only 11 months old right now but i can't wait to try out some of the Atari games that I grew up with, with him. Of course I was thinking of some educational games at first but I see you're a hardcore gamer and you've already moved on to the action games :lol:
Oh yeah. Both my kids (son 6, daughter 11) play Atari with me sometimes. My son is more into it than my daughter. What's funny is when my son an I play it reminds me of Bart and Homer Simpson the way we laugh. Mostly he and I play the one on one games (Like I mentioned Snowball fight and also Knights and Wizards and Race in Space). I let him get ahead for a while then try to play catchup so as to keep him interested...it's funny, at Atari games I whoop his little rear end, but when we play Halo he OWNS his daddy. Go figure! :?
Atari Frog

Post by Atari Frog » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:11 am

I may have a copy of the mag where the game appeared, I'll check...

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com