Newbie with questions..

For everything... general (no kidding).

Moderator: Atari Frog

Ell

Newbie with questions..

Post by Ell » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:47 pm

Hi guys, I thought I had better sign up as I have just treat myself to an ST520FM and a nice Hi-Res monitor off Ebay.

I used to own an Atari ST around 1990 when I was around 12 or so, lately I came to the conclusion that I should have never parted with my ST, after watching a few youtube videos of the games of yesteryear.. This leads me on to my first question...

Back in the day I used to get all the latest "scene" releases from groups such as the Pompey Pirates, Automation, Was Not Was etc.. Now, I know although they were not exactly the most Legal of disks I was hooked on the amazing menu's and the brilliant menu music with every new release these groups churned out.. I would love to be able to get hold of these to play on the ST again but have no idea if thats even possible. I have already bought a fair few of the classic games through Ebay such as Xenon2, Outrun, etc.. But I would love to know if there is some way of getting hold of these original scene releases to re live on my Atari ST..

Another question I have would be do you guys know how to get intouch with any of these scene groups who were my heros in my youth.. I would love to chat with a few of them!

Also, I am very keen in expanding the rom in this 520ST so I can use more demanding software on this old gem.. Does anyone know how to go about this?

Sorry for the Noob questions which I am sure may have been asked before.. But we all have to start somewhere! :)

Thanks..

Elliott.