no, it needs more vocals
No votes

Total votes: 0
Kernal

Atari Album released by Cannabis Sativa

Post by Kernal » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:13 am

http://kernal.superfreehost.org/index2.html
http://www.soundclick.com/cannabissativa

Cannabis Sativa is pround to announce on 09/09/09 we will be releasing an album entitled GAME OVER that was made using atari computers for synth and recording..
(Final mixing and noise reduction was done on the pc)

worldwide release will be 09/09/09 when we upload it to the servers in Germany, Austrailia and the netherlands

Poland im looking towards you.. you got any free mp3 hosting space?

this album was recorded using

2 Atari 800xl
1 Atari 1200xl
1 ATARI st 1040stf

Track Listing (note if u download before 09-09-09 you are downloading the pre-release, which is good because u will have a rarity once the final mixes are released, however except for a few changes on a few songs, theres not going to be a big difference (except the title track has drums on the final mix and also a few of the instrumentals now have vocals, or ST SPEAK )

Also we encourage people to download it and remix it.. just send it to madcap54@hotmail.com so when we release the remix compilation in october it will be on there.. were doing that on halloween so.. the deadline to get a remix or a reconstruct in is.. October 14th, 2009.

http://www.soundclick.com/cannabissativa

1. Boot
2. Get in the car Nick
3. Pokey Blitter
4. Green Screen
5. Spookie Pookie
6. Analog Antic
7. I/O
8. The Trouble
9. Error / RaMRoM
10. Nectar of the Gods
11. Viva Atari
12. Long Cold Lonely Winter
13. SkyNet
14. APE
15. Logout
16. Beam Machine
17. Reboot
18. Buffered
19. Game Over
deathtrappomegranate

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:20 pm

Thanks!

It's interesting stuff. Not exactly mainstream listening, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I enjoyed it, but I don't think that it will end up on too many ipods. Maybe with some more melodic elements, though...
Kernal

Post by Kernal » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:29 am

yeah like i said the final mix which im gonna release next week is gonna be a bit more melodic.. this is the pre-release rough mix i made just to preview the album and get word going that we are working on it
marakatti

Post by marakatti » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:17 am

Interesting sounds. It's always nice to see and hear some creative work done with Atari-machines even in 2009 :) Maybe some DSP effects with Falcon to cover every Atari-computer generation ;)

Keep the flame burning!
---
Marko