Sorry, another "name the game" request :)

For everything... general (no kidding).

Moderator: Atari Frog

atsign

Sorry, another "name the game" request :)

Post by atsign » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:55 pm

Hello! I found this site maybe a week ago and have been replaying a lot of old time favorites and reliving some memories. :)

There is one game that I have in my mind that I absolutely cannot find and wish to try again as an adult.

From what I can remember, it is a side view screen-by-screen (not scrolling) exploration game, where you control a figure (I want to say an animated stick-figure) through a series of underground chambers and caverns. There are items/gold you can collect and occasionally you have to shoot zombies or mummies. Furthermore, every now and then there would be an echo-y "boom" sound which precedes the activation of traps on the screen. The traps take the form of either an arc of fire or a glowing claw that reached out and back from the floor. Or at least those are the two types of traps I can remember. I think your figure had a long jump ability, too.

I've searched and looked at every game with "egypt", "pyramids", "tomb", "crypt", and "underground" in their name and none of the results so far seem to be it. This ran on my 1200XL, so I'm figuring it'd be under the 400/800/XL/XE game list, but even browsing through the whole list didn't jog any memories.

Any help, please?

Thank you!

-atsign
advfan

Post by advfan » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:45 am

Could it be 'Aztec'? Or 'Quest for Quintana Roo?
atsign

Hmm, not quite!

Post by atsign » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:14 am

Hi!

I checked those out and they aren't it. Aztec's graphics are too detailed for the style in the game I'm thinking of. :) The Quest game you mentioned has too detailed a style of level background. :)

Think...closer to Jumpman type of graphics.

I think the "intro" sequence just shows your figure dropping a short distance into the first chamber, which contained a puzzle I could never figure out -- there is an inner chamber in the middle of the screen that had a shaft leading from its top to its interior, which had a lot of treasure, but also many traps. If you drop down the shaft you can get the treasure but I could never figure out how to get back out. Then eventually the traps activate and I die. :)
Andre

Post by Andre » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:44 am

André
Atari Frog

Post by Atari Frog » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:59 am

Should be one the following:
- Lost Tomb
- Breath of the Dragon on Atari Smash Hits - Volume 3
- Cave Runner (not on the site yet).

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com
atsign

That's the one! Pharaoh's Curse

Post by atsign » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:54 pm

The funny thing is...this is one game which looks BETTER in reality than what I remembered. :D

Thank you all for your help and suggestions!

-atsign