Text Entry that Changes Letter Size, any game

For everything... general (no kidding).

Moderator: Atari Frog

ClawdiaKatz

Text Entry that Changes Letter Size, any game

Post by ClawdiaKatz » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:49 pm

I'm looking for any game that automatically enlarges and/or shrinks the size of a letter as it is entered, either via the keyboard or via a pointer device. I need an older game such as for the 400/800 or anything before 2000. I've been searching all day, but there is not enough detail or I'm just too rusty on Atari to enter the proper search terms.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
therealbountybob

Re: Text Entry that Changes Letter Size, any game

Post by therealbountybob » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:30 am

Hi, please can you clarify what you mean? Do you need a game or just want to display some text using BASIC, or Turbo BASIC's TEXT command perhaps?
:)
www.gwobby.webs.com
ClawdiaKatz

Post by ClawdiaKatz » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:04 am

I need documented proof that a game, or other code, that existed on or before 1999 has this capability. This is to support a proprietary code issue I'm encountering on one of my development efforts. If I can find what I need, I would be prepared to buy both the computer and the game to back up my position. Who knew I should have kept my Atari 800 way back when :-(
therealbountybob

Post by therealbountybob » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:27 pm

Ahh
I found this from Atari Explorer but it was for the ST:
DCR_TMAG.ARC DC Real-Time Magnifier will give you 8X magnification of
the screen! Get close up where it counts; fat-bits in programs that
don't have them! Great for paint programs. Move the mouse and the
screen is updated in real-time! 100% assembly. ST, STe and TT
compatible.
Link http://www.atariarchives.org/cfn/06/08/03/0131.php

There was a big text program in Page 6 Mag and had a feeling there was something with Turbo BASIC... will have a rummage and will keep an eye out when I re-read the old Atari magazines :)

p.s. I take it you've not got the disks either?

www.gwobby.webs.com
ClawdiaKatz

Post by ClawdiaKatz » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:24 pm

Correct, I don't have the disks. Actually I no longer even have my Atari 800. However if I can find what I need, I'm prepared to purchase both the game and the Atari to achieve my goals.

The "big bits" or the magnifier concept are not sufficiently applicable to my need. I'm looking for anything that shows a letter as large when the user first enters it and after a brief period of time, shrinks it to a smaller size. It does not have to be text entry or letters necessarily (but preferred). Anything that shows a symbol as large based on user action and then shrinks after some time has passed (i.e. 500 msec)