Just saying 'Hi!'

For everything... general (no kidding).

Moderator: Atari Frog

Ogma

Just saying 'Hi!'

Post by Ogma » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:19 am

Hello there! My name is Scott and I am 39 years old.

My very first home computer (thanks to my dad) was an Atari 800. After that, we acquired an 800XL, then 130XE, then we continued on with the ST until support faded.

Recently, my parents revealed that there is a large amount of Atari stuff lurking in the basement and they're in the process of packing it all up and shipping it out to me! If memory serves, there are at least 2 or 3 computers, a couple drives, some other hardware, lots of literature and a TON of disks and carts (and a few cassettes, surely). It is a big lot and I cannot wait to get my hands on it!!!

Anyway, after reviewing the MIA list/s, I recognized several names there and my fingers are crossed that I might soon have several of those programs in-hand in the next couple weeks!

I'll keep you posted!

Anyway, great to be here and it's wonderful knowing that my enthusiasm for the computers that got me where I am today has never really faded!!!
deathtrappomegranate

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:28 am

Nice to see you here.

How is beautiful downtown Burbank?

:wink:
Ogma

Post by Ogma » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:47 pm

It's "beautiful!"

Actually, I'm originally from upstate NY... Moved out to L.A. in '92 and I've been living in Burbank since '97 or so. Love it here. All the major studios are right here (I work as a writer), but the neighborhoods are quiet, tree-lined streets of modestly priced homes.
FastRobPlus

Post by FastRobPlus » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:43 pm

Nice to meet you Scott!