Box full of 800 hardware

For everything... general (no kidding).

Moderator: Atari Frog

marciolsf

Box full of 800 hardware

Post by marciolsf » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:53 pm

Hi!

A co-worker of mine recently gave me a box full of treasure... A box full of atari 800 hardware parts! He even went as far as putting some of the parts together into a working 800 model, inside of a big and heavy wooden box (gives a whole new meaning to "heavy sixer"). I probably have the biggest atari 800 in existence! It actually works just fine, it turns on and displays the memo pad, but it seems to be missing some components (such as the cart slots).

The other thing it is missing is a knowledgeable owner :D ... The "box" has a disk drive "built-in", but I don't have any floppies for it, and even if I did, I wouldn't know how to load it. I do know someone who has quite a collection of software in floppies and disks, so, assuming that I can borrow some of the floppies, what are the basics of loading it up? Is there a FAQ somewhere that explains the process?

Anybody can help this very excited new atari owner?
deathtrappomegranate

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:12 am

Welcome to Atarimania, and the wonderful world of the Atari 8-bit computers!

As people have said at AtariAge, pictures of this setup would be very nice.

Your friend's collection of software sounds interesting - could you make a list of what there is?

BTW - you have a message!
marciolsf

Post by marciolsf » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:29 pm

I've posted pictures with commentaries on
http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.ph ... pic=128503

As far as the software, my friend is trying to locate the boxes, says it'll take him a couple of days. I know that most of it is neither cataloged nor tested, so I'm looking forward to going through all of it.