Can´t play any game!

For everything... general (no kidding).

Moderator: Atari Frog

alv

Can´t play any game!

Post by alv » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:57 pm

Hey, i have downloaded Quasimodo but i can´t play it.
The downloaded file is a .ZIP and in it I found a file .CAS or .COM
I don´t konow what happens, I don´t know if it a problem with my WINDOWS XP, i don´t know if I have to download any programs to run the game, but please help me because i don´t play ATARI games since I was 12 years old (and it too much time, as I´m 28!)

Please somebody tell me what to do!
Arq. Alvaro Marques
Montevideo - Uruguay
deathtrappomegranate

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:07 pm

You need to get an Atari emulator.

Try Atari800Win Plus:

http://atariarea.krap.pl/PLus/index_us.htm
alv

Post by alv » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:14 am

thanks but i have a problem.
I don´t know where to do this:
"X-Former 2.5 containing *.ROM files. You should copy them to the ROM subdirectory of Atari800Win PLus emulator."
Where is that subdirectory? i can´t find it!!!
And also I don´t know what to do when it ask: A ROM load error prevented ATARI800winplus from rebooting. You should check the ROM settings under "ATARi/ROM images" menu.
Excuse me because of my ignorance about this, but I don´t really know waht to do!

alv
Arq. Alvaro Marques
Montevideo - Uruguay
deathtrappomegranate

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:22 am

You can get the BASIC and operating system ROM images here: http://vjetnam.hopto.org/index.php?frame=roms

Ir you press ALT+R in Atari800Win Plus, you can tell the emulator where these files are on your hard disk.
alv

thanks!

Post by alv » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:13 pm

Did it!
Arq. Alvaro Marques
Montevideo - Uruguay
deathtrappomegranate

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:25 pm

hellrazor

Post by hellrazor » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:52 am

hi there! ive installed the emulator ok but how do i convert the games ive downloaded (soloflight&syntron) to be recognized by the atari em? i figured out how to unzip them but the program cant seem to locate the ATR version even though i can see them in my documents as the .atr version. any help would be greatly appreciated.... this is quite frustrating.
thanks,
greg
atari always!
deathtrappomegranate

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:03 am

If you have installed the Windows version of the emulator, then you should just be able to double-click on the .atr file to start the emulator and boot the disk.

Alternatively, you can use the emulator's "File" menu, select "attach disk" and point the file selector to wherever you've saved the .atr

Double-clicking is usually easier, though.

It's important to be aware whether the game/software that you want to use needs BASIC to be enabled. Most games don't, and when that's the case, it's best to keep BASIC disabled ("Atari -> Options -> Disable BASIC" in the emulator).
Atari Frog

Post by Atari Frog » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:45 am

Hi,
hellrazor wrote:ive installed the emulator ok but how do i convert the games ive downloaded (soloflight&syntron) to be recognized by the atari em? i figured out how to unzip them but the program cant seem to locate the ATR version even though i can see them in my documents as the .atr version. any help would be greatly appreciated.... this is quite frustrating.
No need to convert anything as Atari800Win PLus handles all types of files: .rom (cartridge images), .cas (tape), .atr (disk) and .com/.xex (Atari executables). Note that .com files can be renamed to .xex and double-clicked for immediate loading (just like the other ones). For original copy-protected disks with the .atx extension, check this page: http://www.atarimania.com/vapi.php?MENU=8&RUB=VAPI

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com
hellrazor

Post by hellrazor » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:42 pm

hi there thanx for the info. double clicking on the xex files seemed to work but only a blank screen appeared in the atari em. and the speed display was cycling around 500-600% ... are these actual playable games or still images?
thanx again
greg
atari always!
deathtrappomegranate

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:17 am

You might be running the emulator at full speed rather than Atari speed - try pressing F7.