About what drawing program has this?

For everything... general (no kidding).

Moderator: Atari Frog

Kiwilove

About what drawing program has this?

Post by Kiwilove » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:03 am

I need a drawing program, that gives the x and y coordinates of the cursor, when you are in magnified mode. I think "AtariArtist" does this or the Light Pen, but of course these do not work with the emulators.
I wonder if anyone can recall any program providing this feature?
I want to load an existing picture, already drawn and saved - and then to give me some X and Y coordinates to work with..

I did write about 3 demos, in which the computer redraws some sketches of mine, via simple BASIC programs - and I am wanting to do some more of these...
Maybe readers can recall some demo programs that did this.. One drawing the Atari 400 very accurately, and one drawing in Graphics Mode 10, a river with waterfall and some trees.

I did write a program, that draws a beautiful woman, the Atari 800 and a lighthouse.
I think these are fun, and easy to do --- using the PLOT and DRAWTO commands. The XIO fill was rather difficult to get use to...

Thanks

Harvey Kong Tin
Kiwilove

Results...

Post by Kiwilove » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:24 am

Anyone who was interested in this query may like to know - that I have started on writing some more demos?
I am using the PC program g2f which will load any old Atari graphic file - display it, and it has a zoom mode available so as to easily pinpoint pixels - which is what I wanted.
Also Rambrandt did look promising to use - but had no Zoom mode available? Also via emulation there was a graphics glitch loading in AtariArtist files - which is probably the emulator causing it? Anyway it would be my second choice of program to use (although I still need to read up on the Instructions, to see if there is a Zoom mode? And how to access the bottom 10 lines of the screen?).
At the moment g2f seems to be usuable - whereas Rambrandt just fails?

Note - my computer drawing demos are at YouTube - as well as other stuff...

Harvey