Looking for name of a game

For everything... general (no kidding).

Moderator: Atari Frog

Lubon

Looking for name of a game

Post by Lubon » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:44 pm

I do not remember all that much about it, but I remember it was in space, you traveled to other star systems and conquered them. The battles were shown as ships on the left and right of the screen with you not doing anything but watching, if I remember right. When a row of ships was destroyed, it would fill in with new ones if you had more there.

EDIT: I seem to remember that different planets had different sizes. Your home world was larger than others and better. You would send ships from a planet to attack another planet, and it would take a while to get there.

This was for the 800xl and it was on a floppy. At least the version I played was. Any ideas?
Lubon

Post by Lubon » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:52 pm

No one remembers this game? I remember a little more about it.

The planets were of various sizes. The bigger planets produced more ships, or ships faster. Can't remember which. I also remember playing it mostly, or completely with a joystick. Was a pain when you had lots of ships, as you had to hold it up for a while to send a large force. It was also turn based.

I had to hold the control key, or something when booting it to get it to boot. Not sure if that was because it was a copy, or for some other reason.

Any sparks?
miker

Post by miker » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:40 am

Two titles come to my mind:

- Last Starfighter, The

or

- Star Raiders II

But i can be wrong, of course. ;)
Lubon

Post by Lubon » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:38 am

Nope, not either one of those. It had no first person aspect to it. I am thinking it was quite a bit like Star Conquest -> http://gamescene.com/Star_Conquest.html but a little more simplistic. I don't remember having to do anything with the economy and such.

It's driving me crazy not remembering, and the more I think about it, the more I start to get Star Conquest and it confused. I have listed all the details I can remember that I know for a fact were from the Atari game.

Thanks for trying though!