Thank You, Atarimania!!!

For everything... general (no kidding).

Moderator: Atari Frog

Maggi1971

Thank You, Atarimania!!!

Post by Maggi1971 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:03 pm

First of all, I wanna thank the people behind this site for their contribution, absolutely amazing.

Especially the ads are incredible. I am visting this site since a few months, now I have decided to register myself.

The navigation between the different sections is a dream and there are so many details listed for each game, can't believe it.

I've got my first Atari in 1986. In that year I bought an Atari 800 XL along with a 1050 disk station and a 1010 tape recorder. Not bad for a fithteen year old boy indeed...

I first got in touch with Atari at the arcade. A bit later a good friend of mine bought an Atari 600 XL. From that point on I was infected with the Atari-Virus!

Sometimes I wished that I rather would have purchased a C64 (many games that I really loved on the 64, especially the titles from Epyx like "Winter Games", have never been converted to the Atari), but overall I think that the Atari always felt more like a really game machine to me than the 64 ever did (just play the old titles from Lucasfilm Games on both machines, compare it with each other and you will know and understand what I mean...).

Even today I still play games with an emulator (my favourite ist still "Bruce Lee"), but it isn't the same feeling as with the old XL. Poorly I sold my Atari with everything else (disk station, tape recorder, games etc.) to a boy in my neighborhood for a lousy price (can't believe that i really did it...) in the mid 90's. One of the biggest mistakes that I've ever made in my hole life...

It's great to see that there are more Atarians still out there.

In other words: Legends never die!

Keep up the excellent work.

Cheers to everybody!

Maggi1971
Brits are brilliant: www.wayoftherodent.com
Rom Hunter

Post by Rom Hunter » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:45 am

Welcome aboard, Maggi.

8)
deathtrappomegranate

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:04 pm

Yes, good to see you here!