Name that game?

For everything... general (no kidding).

Moderator: Atari Frog

Columbo

Name that game?

Post by Columbo » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:11 pm

I was playing the arcade version of elevator action last night, and it reminded me (because of intro, involving a grappling hook sequence) of another classic game, maybe arcade, maybe atari, where (best I can remember):

You have to shoot a rope/grappling hook to different levels, climb up, collect items, and occassionally shoot the rope/hook down to slide down. Various bad guys to kill you. Screen moved top to bottom I belive, not side to side.

I remember if you didn't hold the fire button long enough for your rope to reach, the shot was aborted. Once it connected, your gun would automatically be stuck into the ground so you could climb across the shot you just took.

I know this is incredibly limited info, especially since it might not have been on the 8 bit. Any ideas?

Thanks much
Columbo

Post by Columbo » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:59 pm

Figured it out, Rock 'n' Rope, not an 8-Bit game, sorry to have posted this.

Thanks
Atari Frog

Post by Atari Frog » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:12 pm

Check out Tales of Dragons and Cavemen :wink:

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com
Columbo

Post by Columbo » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:59 pm

That's it! I knew I'd played in on my 8-Bit. Thank you so much.

I don't know if anyone here has one, but I recently purchased a GP2X (linux based handheld game/media machine), and there is an excellen atari 8 bit emulator for it. The ability to have all my favorite atari games in this handheld can't be beat. The person who designed it also included an on the fly emulated keyboard, so you can even play games like Alternate Reality, and Ultima on it.

Too much fun.
LYNXGUY

Post by LYNXGUY » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:27 pm

Figured it out, Rock 'n' Rope, not an 8-Bit game, sorry to have posted this.

Thanks
No need to be sorry but it sounds like a pretty good game though :wink: