Emulator in Flash or Java?

For everything... general (no kidding).

Moderator: Atari Frog

crow

Emulator in Flash or Java?

Post by crow » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:24 pm

Now that it's not unusual for people to have 2GHz processors, how unreasonable would it be to port an emulator to Flash or Java to allow any classic Atari game to be embedded on a web page? (Imagine this site if instead of just downloading games, you could play them directly!)

Obviously, you would have to use keyboard or mouse emulation of the controllers, but for many games, that would be fine.

(Personally, I'm more interested in an Atari 800 emulatior, but any emulator would face mostly the same challenges.)
Adept

Post by Adept » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:56 am

I am not quite sure if it is neccessary to rewrite the gamecode for online playing, because neither Java nor Flash are able to emulate and send/resend the ROM to use it permanent for Gamecode emulating.
LYNXGUY

Post by LYNXGUY » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:01 am

here are 2 links for 2 websites that allow you to play ATARI games on their site.

http://www.atari8.info/gry.php?lang=en

http://www.tripletsandus.com/80s/80s_games/arcade.htm
crow

Post by crow » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:20 pm

Yes, I know that I can find many of the classic games in Java or Flash, but they're all new implementations. That's not the same as playing the original versions using an emulator.
LYNXGUY

Post by LYNXGUY » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:42 pm

I use an emulator called XFORMER 2000 FOR WINDOWS and it works great but I haven't tried any BASIC gamnes with it yet.

Shadeaux

Post by Shadeaux » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:18 pm

That would be cool, to have a Java emulator, where you could simply upload ROM files to a server, and select the game you want to play and it would load in the emulator on a website. I would SOO use that !! heh, MySpace.com users would trip over themselves getting this on their profiles as well!
Image Image Image