Which game could this be? [Solved]

For everything... general (no kidding).

Moderator: Atari Frog

MadMike

Which game could this be? [Solved]

Post by MadMike » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:39 am

Dear Atarimanians

A friend of mine is looking for the name of this game which she can't remember. I'm am somewhat younger computer geek and my earliest Computer reaches only the TI-99/4A and Atari STE, so I've never owend one of the Atari 8-bitters and only know the games from conversions, hear-say and reading about them. I was unable to find the game with her desciption, so now I registered to this site to ask you humbly if you can help me out here.

She has some hints though: She owned a Atari 400 or 800XL. It is a platformer, so viewed from the side, no scrolling. She allways played it co-operative and doesn't know if you could play it alone. One player was green, the other blue. Some of the task you needed to do, were throwing a coin into a fountain and lighting a latern with a torch. The time was limited. At the end of the level you could hear something like voice or a growl.

Does anyone know which game this could be?

Cheers MadMike
Last edited by MadMike on Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atari Frog

Post by Atari Frog » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:42 am

Hi,

I'll bite... How about Schreckenstein?

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com
Andre

Post by Andre » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:39 am

Atari Frog wrote: I'll bite... How about Schreckenstein?
But this game has scrolling...
André
MadMike

Post by MadMike » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:55 am

I was discussing the properties of this game today with my friend. She was unsure if it really was the Atari 400 or 800XL, I could have also been the Atari ST...

Today she left work early, so I can't ask her if it is Schreckenstein. She also said, it was in a castle. Maybe she was wrong about the scrolling part and Schrenkstein is the one. I'll post as soon I've been able to ask her.
MadMike

Post by MadMike » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:16 am

It is Schreckenstein!

Thank you so much Atari Frog and the whole Atarimania forum! I also transmit a very big "Thank you" from my friend!

After many weeks of guessing, googling and browsing screenshots we finally found this piece of my friends past. I've successfully installed and played the game on my linux-laptop. I don't expect any major hurdles on my friends XP computer.

Cheers MadMike