Problem with "Crypt of the Undead" game

Your suggestions, comments, corrections and info on the database structure or games that are presented.

Moderator: Atari Frog

Synapse Fanboy

Problem with "Crypt of the Undead" game

Post by Synapse Fanboy » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:01 am

Hey guys! I just discovered this site the other day and had my head blown through the back of my chair. You guys finally answered a long-standing question I had about a game I remembered; by searching through the screenshot index of games I discovered it was "Crypt of the Undead" by Epyx. I also discovered that the game "The Crypt" by Crystalware was the same exact game except for slight changes in some of the names of objects in the game (including the name of the game designer!!!). However, I did find a problem, too. I went through the entire "Crypt of the Undead" version of the game and got to the very end of the game, where it wouldn't allow me to go through the final door to win the game, even though I solved all of the simple puzzles. There was no message telling me I was doing anything wrong, it just wouldn't let me go through the exit door, which was open. So, I tried it again with "The Crypt" version, and my hypothesis was confirmed: I had solved the game, and that version allowed me to go through the final doorway and get the "you win/the end" message doing the same steps I had done with the Epyx version. So, I guess the question is, is this a problem with the original programming code, a problem with the emulator (or emulator settings), or is this a corrupt copy of the game?
JWawro

Post by JWawro » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:53 pm

I am in the exact same situation. I think I solved most of this game as a child, and only recently recalled the name of the game. All the files I can find for this are corrupt.

Did anyone ever solve this? I would love to get my hands on a working copy, and satisfy my childhood curiosity.

Meanwhile, I'll look into The Crypt...

Jay