Hacking into ATR/XFD etc emulator files

Your suggestions, comments, corrections and info on the database structure or games that are presented.

Moderator: Atari Frog

carmel_andrews

Hacking into ATR/XFD etc emulator files

Post by carmel_andrews » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:01 pm

I am looking for a PC utiliy or emulator ATR file that will simulate ATR sector loading or Atr loading and displays sector number and load address and any run/init addresses (during the load), mostly for Atr's that load in extra data like Zork, Gauntlet, Threshold etc as well as normal ATR's (games that don't load in extra levels)

I am familiar with the disk i/o locations (0300h to 030bh) and also the run/init locations (2/3 and A/b/c/dh and also 02e0/1/2&3h) but some programmes tend to scramble this info

Also I am looking for a PC util or Emulator ATR that will copy back xex/exe/com files to cassette/cas boot file, preferably to handling files/file more then 300 sectors (400+) and those that have complex binary file structures (like packed files generated with superpacker/cruncher 5, that have been appened together)
deathtrappomegranate

Re: Hacking into ATR/XFD etc emulator files

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:49 pm

carmel_andrews wrote:I am looking for a PC util that will copy back xex/exe/com files to cassette/cas boot file
Have you tried xex2cas - http://home.planet.nl/~ernest/xex2cas.zip ?