PC hard disk directories and atari800win+ emu (PC)

Your suggestions, comments, corrections and info on the database structure or games that are presented.

Moderator: Atari Frog

carmel_andrews

PC hard disk directories and atari800win+ emu (PC)

Post by carmel_andrews » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:00 pm

I have recently downloaded a load of exe’s/com’s and XEX files from the internet

Apparently atari800win+ allows you to use these files thru Atari dos, set up as a Hard disk directory

As I understand it all you do after loading up the emulator, is to go to Atari, then hard drives and select which HD you want and tell that HD where the downloaded XEX/exe’s etc files are, Now I know that atari’s own dos’s don’t support hard drives but mydos, bwdos and spartados does

Now I have figured out how to get Sparta and bwdos to look at the hard disk directory with the exe or xex files in and I can get it to display the contents of that directory in ataridos format (8x3 characters)

I just want to know if I can get mydos (v 4x and higher) to display this hard drive directory and if mydos is compatible with atari800win+’s hard drive option, if so how can I display the contents of the hard drive directory (in mydos) and also for copying

I have also found out how to create (in mydos) very large Atr’s (15 megs in length), however, I notice you cant use this disc with Sparta or bwdos, is there a way of Sparta or bwdos creating v. large Atr’s (15 megs in length)

Additionally is there a way of multiple file copying from a hard disk directory to a disk drive using spart/bwdos, according to their manual you can use the following

(assuming you’re already in H1:)

H1: copy *.* d2 (or whatever):*.*

All I get is error ** or file not present

Or is there a utility or ATR that will enable me to copy hard disk directory file of atari exe/xex etc files to a large ATR disk created using atari800win+ (formatted using mydos)

Also I am looking for a PC utility or Emulator ATR that will allow me to convert Xex/com/xex file to CAS format