Different versions of Fred and Misja / Mission Shark

Your suggestions, comments, corrections and info on the database structure or games that are presented.

Moderator: Atari Frog

Atari Frog

Different versions of Fred and Misja / Mission Shark

Post by Atari Frog » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:34 pm

Hi,

Can someone provide accurate information on the different releases of Fred and Misja? Please let us know of other variations if you have them...

It seems there are at least four or five versions of Fred:
- one with an intro picture by Marek Siewior dated 1990 with copyright (LK Avalon)
- one with a just a small loading picture dated 1991 with copyright (LK Avalon)
- one with the same loading picture dated 1991 without copyright (Querope Agency, probably disk only)
- Zeppelin Games release
- KE-Soft release with different copyright (can someone confirm this?).

Known versions of Misja now:
- one with an intro picture by Marek Siewior dated 1990 with copyright (LK Avalon) without music
- one with a just a small loading picture dated 1991 with copyright (LK Avalon) called Mission Shark with music
- Zeppelin Games release
- specific Querope Agency release?
- specific version by KE-Soft?

So, which ones were actually released? Which are the ones on the original Fred / Misja combo by LK Avalon? Are the tape and disk versions exactly the same? Were the first versions in beta stage? Could somebody confirm the games were never sold separately in Poland?

Could someone also notify where Querope Agency was located? The Netherlands? Did they just import and translate stuff for the Dutch market? Were there other Polish games with a copyright from the company?

Thanks!

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com
carmel_andrews

Re: Misja

Post by carmel_andrews » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:11 am

Having got both games on ATR format, they seem basically the same game

I don't speak polish but i'm guessing that misja is polish for mission

And also i'm guessing that Misja was released prior to mission shark

I remember Querope Agency...didn't they have something to do with the game 'TACTIC' as i saw the Querope name come up when i was looking at the disk with a proper A8 system using a DSE (Disk sector editor)
Fred_M

Post by Fred_M » Sat May 06, 2006 5:00 pm

I have given info about Querope at AtariAge.

It was a small Dutch company which owned distribution rights for LK Avalon games outside Poland. It existed only for a couple of months.

LK Avalon added the copyright of Qeurope as a result of this arrangement.

Fred