Football Manager doesn't work - Chuckie Egg's too short lol

Your suggestions, comments, corrections and info on the database structure or games that are presented.

Moderator: Atari Frog

Dagm1980

Football Manager doesn't work - Chuckie Egg's too short lol

Post by Dagm1980 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:53 pm

I couldn't believe it. This site is the greatest ever, I still have my Atari 65XE which has identical graphics etc to the 800, so playing on these games on my PC are great, cos the loading time is a bit faster.

Me and my Nan reach level 168 on Chuckie Egg or whenever it hits 2 million, then it crashes, I was amazed that even on here, the same happens.

As for other games, I would love to see the following
Pro-Golf
League Challenge *****
and Quest for Eternity available for download.

Football Manager also doesn't work for me, because it comes up with a blue screen with a list of options, I've tried all these and am mythed on how to get this superb game to work. Please fix it or let me know what I'm supposed to click on.

I open it correctly and everything.

Dan
deathtrappomegranate

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:16 pm

It sounds like you're starting the emulator with BASIC disabled, and getting a DOS menu. The game is written in BASIC, so BASIC must be enabled to run it.

If you're using Atari800Win, go to the options menu, uncheck the "disable BASIC" option, and then do "autoboot image" from the File menu. That should do it.
Dagm1980

Post by Dagm1980 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:47 am

That was it. Thanks alot :)

Dan