Trying to find/identify a game.

Your suggestions, comments, corrections and info on the database structure or games that are presented.

Moderator: Atari Frog

abritinthebay

Trying to find/identify a game.

Post by abritinthebay » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:13 am

Now I know what I thought it was called (Black Tower) but I can't find it in the database so I'm willing to believe I just remember wrongly.

This was a rails type of game where you were "racing" in basically a straight line in your craft across a dark valley floor towards a tall black tower which needed to be destroyed. It was presented in a rear view pseudo perspective style (think Outrun or Pole Position). On your way there you could shoot enemies in your way, pass over different colored squares that would speed you up or slow you down.

The limited control you had pretty much just changed where on the screen you were - the actual tower (barely visible in the distance, but it got closer) didn't move, and the scenery didn't really change perspective, though the ground graphics did.

Eventually when you got to the "end" you were to shoot at the tower and it came crashing down.

What on earth is this game? It's eating me up inside being unable to find it.

Help me Atarimania! You're my only hope!
Atari Frog

Re: Trying to find/identify a game.

Post by Atari Frog » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:24 am

That would be Stealth.

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com
abritinthebay

Re: Trying to find/identify a game.

Post by abritinthebay » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:25 am

I.... I... think I love you.

Seriously though - I've been trying to find that game for YEARS. Like... well over a decade. I'm actually emotional right now...

I remember it being grey, which (reading the page on Steath) apparently means I played Landscape, which I guess was either a version 1, or a rip-off. The listing here says it was a prototype but my copy was certainly a professionally produced floppy, so it was released at some point in its life.

I'm really, really, really pleased I found this place.