Finally understood the database

Your suggestions, comments, corrections and info on the database structure or games that are presented.

Moderator: Atari Frog

cjwhoishe

Finally understood the database

Post by cjwhoishe » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:31 pm

I think I have finally understood the database.
When I looked at the alphebetical index and it did not have a T, D or something like that in it, I thought these entires did not have anything to download.
This made me think in my collection I had a lot that you did not have. I have converted some of these tapes but found when I 'drilled' down from the alphabetical index to the detail that you do have a download for some of them already they just did not have a T or D in the alphabetical index.
I have also seen some other occurances where what I have with the original disk/tape is more than or different to what you have in the download area eg.
For Cutthroughts by infocom you have the same 2 disks that I have but non of the documentation that goes with it, particularly something like the tide tables which, if I remember correctly, are needed to finish the adventure.
For the Hulk by questprobe your version is for 16Kb and mine is for 32Kb (I know because it does not work with 16K in the emulator where yours does and starts differently to mine.)
For Lucifers Realm you do not have the original disk images which I have.

Are you keen to get some of these gaps in the details that are missing filled in and also store all versions of the games that were released?