Suggestion: Add new License type for boxed homebrews

Your suggestions, comments, corrections and info on the database structure or games that are presented.

Moderator: Atari Frog

FastRobPlus

Suggestion: Add new License type for boxed homebrews

Post by FastRobPlus » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:15 pm

I notice we have L=Commercial and L=PD/Freeware/Shareware but neither of theese describe some of the recent releases like Yoomp or Hobgoblin. It looks like there is intent out there to make more of these homebrew-but-commercial-style limited releases for the forseeable future. What about a new license type to represent this. Something like
L=Commercial-style homebrew
or L=Limited/Special Production
The reason I bring this up is actually Hobgoblin. If you look at thier website, they make it clear they will make no more than 70 copies so the game is not a commercial release in the traditional sense.
deathtrappomegranate

Post by deathtrappomegranate » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:12 pm

Interesting idea...
Atari Frog

Post by Atari Frog » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:13 am

I dunno... For the moment, I like the idea of having these games listed as "commercial" with no rarity rating - that's one way of identifying them - but maybe we'll change this in the future... Also, it's sometimes very difficult to identify where some programs come from so we decided to stick with some basic formulas for consistency.

Not exactly comparable but how about games advertized in the classifieds? Almost qualify as commercial-style homebrew efforts as well...

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com