Graphic Adventures in german + Saigon: the final days

Your suggestions, comments, corrections and info on the database structure or games that are presented.

Moderator: Atari Frog

advfan

Graphic Adventures in german + Saigon: the final days

Post by advfan » Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:31 pm

A you can see by looking at my nick this is the type of game that I like the most.
I knew of the existence of the following commercial graphic adventures in german: lapis philosophorum, sereamis, atlantis, deja vu, alptraum, 0º grad nord, fiji, der leise Tod as well as a translated edition of mask of the sun.

Thanks to atarimania I discovered two new ones that I never heard of before, and that I hope will have dumps available soo. Those are Mars and Schatzjaeger. My question: Are there any other commercial graphic adventures in german?

Also, does anyone have the disk version of saigon-the final days from Adventure International that features graphics. I have been only able to found the text only version.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Andre

Re: Graphic Adventures in german + Saigon: the final days

Post by Andre » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:38 am

advfan wrote:A you can see by looking at my nick this is the type of game that I like the most.
8)
Thanks to atarimania I discovered two new ones that I never heard of before, and that I hope will have dumps available soo. Those are Mars and Schatzjaeger.
Especially Schatzjäger is extremely rare, even here in Germany (I am from Germany). I have seen only two copies of this game (one of them being in my collection) during my collector's life.
My question: Are there any other commercial graphic adventures in german?
I think Nibelungen should be counted as "Grafikabenteuer" ... I cannot remember if Cromwell House has in-game graphics too.

Furthermore, rumours about a german version of The Serpent's Star (released by AriolaSoft in the 80's) come to my mind.
Also, does anyone have the disk version of saigon-the final days from Adventure International that features graphics. I have been only able to found the text only version.
The AI-stuff, apart from SAGA 1-6, is extremely hard to come by. Even for us :? But, we will try our best :)

Btw, reviews of adventure games are always welcomed :roll:

Cheers,

André
advfan

Post by advfan » Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:00 am

found should be find in my first message :oops:
Atari Frog

Re: Graphic Adventures in german + Saigon: the final days

Post by Atari Frog » Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:19 pm

advfan wrote:Also, does anyone have the disk version of saigon-the final days from Adventure International that features graphics. I have been only able to found the text only version.
We may have a surprise soon :wink:

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com
advfan

Post by advfan » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:16 pm

Thank you Atari Frog!

Wow! Where did you find this item? I have never seen one for auction at Ebay or anywhere else. All the dumps available online are for the text only version.

I owe you one. As Spain was a wasteland regarding the Atari (as far as I know, no spanish company ever programmed a commercial release for the 8bits) and I have no programs, scans or info to submit, if I can help by making a donation via Paypal to cover bandwith costs, just tell me. All the Atari stuff that I bought was ordered from the USA and Germany. And I used to read a german magazine called Happy Computer. Aaaah, those were the times :D

I have some dumps that are slightly different than the ones you posted today. I have a Dallas Quest one, where you get to see an intro still picture, and a Spelunker one with no intro still picture, but an animated intro. If interested, I will send you both.

For the Atari ST I may be able to send some disk images from Spanish commercial games.

Andre, do you want walkthroughs too, or just reviews?

Thanks again,
advfan
Atari Frog

Post by Atari Frog » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:52 pm

Hello,
advfan wrote:Wow! Where did you find this item?
Actually, it was in my disk collection... I had to clean it up a bit because the crack was terrible but I knew I had it somewhere :wink:
I have never seen one for auction at Ebay or anywhere else.
The ad for the game doesn't mention a disk version either so I'm a bit puzzled myself... It seems Adventure International didn't advertize all their games either so this might be a valid explanation. My theory: the game was available via mail order only.
I owe you one. As Spain was a wasteland regarding the Atari (as far as I know, no spanish company ever programmed a commercial release for the 8bits)
It seems Atari's Spanish branch issued some programs but I believe they're really rare. Check this entry: [COMP] 26 Juegos :wink:

If you can find some more info on other Spanish programs, please let us know. We're interested in anything, even crappy stuff written in BASIC by small publishers.
I have some dumps that are slightly different than the ones you posted today. I have a Dallas Quest one, where you get to see an intro still picture
We actually just replaced the old version with the newer one :)
and a Spelunker one with no intro still picture, but an animated intro.
Thanks, we already have this one. This version is actually the Broderbund re-release with a different intro.

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com
advfan

Post by advfan » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:25 pm

Hi,
if you follow this link you will see how I knew about the existence of the disk version.

http://www.mds.mdh.se/~dal95acn/tidning ... /adai6.jpg
Andre

Post by Andre » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:26 am

advfan wrote: Wow! Where did you find this item? I have never seen one for auction at Ebay or anywhere else.
Me too.
And I used to read a german magazine called Happy Computer.
Du beherrschst die deutsche Sprache?
Andre, do you want walkthroughs too, or just reviews?
I definitively have some walkthroughs for the Axis-adventures ... somewhere. Well, I have to visit my basement...

André