Scandinavian software on the Atari?

Your suggestions, comments, corrections and info on the database structure or games that are presented.

Moderator: Atari Frog

Atari Frog

Scandinavian software on the Atari?

Post by Atari Frog » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:26 am

Hi,

Is there any software from Scandinavia on the Atari? Right now, the only title we have is Eggard though we don't have full evidence that it was officially released.

Surely there must've been other commercial titles despite the scarcity of the A8 in these countries... Any type-ins as well?

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com
osgorth

Post by osgorth » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:15 am

That's a good question.. I can't recall seeing any, at least not published by Swedish publishers. I hope I'm wrong though!

Type-ins DO exist though, I might have a few in some old magazines.. I'll have a look when I find them. :)
Atari Frog

Post by Atari Frog » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:13 pm

That would be great! I'd love to know more about Scandsoft as well. Was Eggard an official release? Did the company write something else for the Atari?

--
Atari Frog
osgorth

Post by osgorth » Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:54 pm

Scandsoft.. They're a bit of a mystery to me right now. I've seen the name, yes, but I can't recall seeing them publishing anything. I'll have to dig into some magazines I think.. :)

But generally, the Atari sold in VERY low numbers in Sweden, I doubt there is much to find except type-ins. I hope I'm wrong though. :)
osgorth

Post by osgorth » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:24 pm

I've been browsing a bunch of old mags now.. Found some type-ins actually, I'll get you some more info on those some day when I'm up to it. :) What would be the best for you, scans of the magazine pages or? Are you interested in games only or utilities also?

Scandsoft then, yeah, of course, how could I forget Scandsoft.. A well-known label for Vic-20 and C-64 tapes here in Sweden during 1983 and 1984. Not sure what happened after that though, I find no traces of them after 1985 at the moment. I have several Commodore tapes by them - none for the Atari though. I had no idea they released stuff on the Atari.. Everything I can find in magazines points to releases for the Commodores and Sinclair Spectrum only - nothing for the Atari discovered so far. Anyway, I can clearly confirm that they existed, so everything points to the fact that Eggard was a legitimate release. The only question really is: was it actually released or is it a shelved game.. I'll let you know if I ever find out.
Atari Frog

Post by Atari Frog » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:46 pm

osgorth wrote:I've been browsing a bunch of old mags now. Found some type-ins actually, I'll get you some more info on those some day when I'm up to it. :) What would be the best for you, scans of the magazine pages or? Are you interested in games only or utilities also?
Games, utilities, demos... Scans would be fantastic but if you don't have time right now, it would be great to at least have the titles so they can be listed in the database. A basic description would be nice as well: author, number of players, genre... Of course, we need the name of the magazine and the date of publication.
Scandsoft then, yeah, of course, how could I forget Scandsoft.. A well-known label for Vic-20 and C-64 tapes here in Sweden during 1983 and 1984. Not sure what happened after that though, I find no traces of them after 1985 at the moment. I have several Commodore tapes by them - none for the Atari though. I had no idea they released stuff on the Atari.. Everything I can find in magazines points to releases for the Commodores and Sinclair Spectrum only - nothing for the Atari discovered so far. Anyway, I can clearly confirm that they existed, so everything points to the fact that Eggard was a legitimate release. The only question really is: was it actually released or is it a shelved game.. I'll let you know if I ever find out.
Googling reveals nothing interesting... I believe the name of the author is common as well so, unless we manage to build up connections, it'll be hard to know for sure...

Remember we're interested in ANY program that has appeared so if you see something original for sale in the classifieds, we'll take that as well!

--
Atari Frog
osgorth

Post by osgorth » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:33 pm

Alright, I'll try to work this up when things settle down up here. I'm traveling around most of next week so don't expect anything till next weekend at best. I can get you the info pretty quickly, scans will have to wait a bit though, I have the scanner & PC packed away due to lack of space, hehe.. Games everywhere.. ;)